• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Scaled Carbon Nike Fins

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

REK

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
I cut out these scaled Nike Fins at work and they look good. I want to sell them at $20 plus shipping. Thickness of fins are 0.12”. Dimensions are as followed:

Root cord: 3.24”
Span: 3.06”
Tip cord: 1.4”
Tip sweep: 0.95”

IMG_5614.JPG

PM if interested

Thank you

Last edited:
If you made a set (either 3x or 4x) to go with the 75mm tube, I would buy it.
See pic below for reference.

a

Attachments

• nike fin.jpg
    nike fin.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 144
If you made a set (either 3x or 4x) to go with the 75mm tube, I would buy it.
See pic below for reference.

a

I’m going to order more epoxy on Monday, I have some, but I might need two plates for that size.

Can you give me the dimensions to the root, sweep length, tip length and span of the fin please. Do you want the tabs on it as well?

I’m going to order more epoxy on Monday, I have some, but I might need two plates for that size.

Can you give me the dimensions to the root, sweep length, tip length and span of the fin please. Do you want the tabs on it as well?
Replied via PM.

a

They are not scale Nike fins. The profile is the same, but Nike fins are not flat plate.

They are not scale Nike fins. The profile is the same, but Nike fins are not flat plate.

My mistake, I meant to put scaled as in increased or decreased from the original fin profile.

By are “not flat plate” are you refering to the original Nike fins that have the airfoil or something else?

Either way, I have a set of these and they are fantastic.

My mistake, I meant to put scaled as in increased or decreased from the original fin profile.

By are “not flat plate” are you refering to the original Nike fins that have the airfoil or something else?

That is exactly what I was referring to. To make scale Nike fins requires thicker material and machining (or other form of fabrication).

Not trying to dissuade you in any way. It appears you are making good stuff.

That is exactly what I was referring to. To make scale Nike fins requires thicker material and machining (or other form of fabrication).

Not trying to dissuade you in any way. It appears you are making good stuff.

No worries, I just didnt get what you meant is all. It was my mistake too for putting scale instead of scaled.

I'll vouch for his carbon plate. The piece I received is very nice.

At work will message you later, glad to hear you are safe.

All "Scale" Nike fins would have a "diamond" airfoil or Nike-Smoke type "double-wedge" airfoil. Anything else is "semi-scale", at best.

In fact, as the attached file shows, there are numerous sizes and "types" of fins, depending on their application.

Dave F.

Attachments

• Standard_Fins_Nike_Rocket_Motor.pdf
    971.9 KB · Views: 4
All "Scale" Nike fins would have a "diamond" airfoil or Nike-Smoke type "double-wedge" airfoil. Anything else is "semi-scale", at best.

In fact, as the attached file shows, there are numerous sizes and "types" of fins, depending on their application.

Dave F.

This has already been discussed lad ;).

Next time, a little preliminary research, on your part, might be helpful. The data I posted is readily available.

Dave F.

I know how the original fins look like, but not their size, for certain what I have is NOT to scale and of course without the double wedge airfoils. The research you suggest is irrelavent due to the fact that I am well aware of the design of the Nike’s Fins.

Were you expecting Nike fins with airfoils when you saw the title and that is why you are pointing this out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back