SCALE - (PGM-11) Redstone Missile Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Another Revell re-issue is the H-1832-79 1:110th scale Redstone missile. a very nice 13mm motor PMC very straight forward conversion with few if any real problem areas. Does require a decent amount of nose weight to use the Scale fins but is certainly doable. A little less Nwt if Clear Polycarbonate fins are added to the scale fin.
Either way it's a fun little flying model on A3-4T or A10-3T's recoverying on a 10" mylar chute. Ewt 25.3g with chute & ejection plug.

Post copied with permission

Attachments

• Redstone-c1_missile Revell H-183279 110th_00.jpg
    Redstone-c1_missile Revell H-183279 110th_00.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 180-sm_Army-Redstone PMC_110th.jpg
    180-sm_Army-Redstone PMC_110th.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited by a moderator:
finally finished the Redstone, it's marked like developement missile 56 in 1958.couldn't get the finlets quitr right, but I figger they will be gone after flight and I can try again. The picture is also my entry in the trashy workspace competition, looks like.
-Braz

Post copied to gallery with permission

Attachments

• IMAG0003.jpg
    IMAG0003.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone please tell me if they know of a place at which I can get the tapered warhead for a Redstone missile made to 1:48 scale? This is for a model I am making using the Glencoe 1:48 Jupiter-c missile.

Thank you for any leads. I can also be contacted at [email protected]

Welcome to the SCALE (PGM-11) Redstone Missile Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the (PGM-11) Redstone Missile and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

: :

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

The PGM-11 Redstone was the first large American ballistic missile. A short-range surface-to-surface rocket, it was in active service with the U.S. Army in West Germany from June 1958 to June 1964 as part of NATO's Cold War defense of Western Europe. It was the first missile to carry a live nuclear warhead, first detonated in a 1958 Pacific Ocean weapons test, with two tests occurring over a period of 12 days.

A direct descendant of the German V-2 rocket, the missile was the foundation for the Redstone rocket family, It was developed by a team of predominantly German rocket engineers relocated to the United States after World War II as part of Operation Paperclip. Redstone's prime contractor was the Chrysler Corporation.

For its role as a field artillery theater ballistic missile, Redstone earned the moniker "the Army's Workhorse". It was retired by the U.S. in 1964, though in 1967 a surplus Redstone helped launch Australia's first satellite.

Last edited:
Didn't realize there was a redstone gallery, putting mine up here for reference. Upper section is not tapered for ease of construction, but the look is there.

Frank

V__27AB.jpg

Rocketober-a77-9.jpg

Last edited:
Back