Sawhorse for a launch platform

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YoMoma

Reaction score
I’ve got myself an Estes launch pad that I will use from time to time but I want to make a sawhorse launch pad. I plan on making two pads for it with two different size launch rods.
My question is being that high off the ground I will probably need to hinge the pad because the top of the launch rod might be too high to reach???
What can be a good option to hinge the launch pad so I can run the rocket down the launch rod before launching?

I’ve got myself an Estes launch pad that I will use from time to time but I want to make a sawhorse launch pad. I plan on making two pads for it with two different size launch rods.
My question is being that high off the ground I will probably need to hinge the pad because the top of the launch rod might be too high to reach???
What can be a good option to hinge the launch pad so I can run the rocket down the launch rod before launching?
Who will be loading rockets? A 5 ft. or taller adult, or 36" - 48" tall kids?

A sawhorse with 3' rods will have the top of the rods at about 6 ft. high. Most adults and kids over 12 can reach that high. I wouldn't bother with complicating the launcher with tilting rods.

If the kids are too small to reach high enough to put the rocket on the pad, they also probably still need adult supervision. The adult can put the rocket on the rod and lower it down and they can work out the rest themselves. Also, if the kid is so small they can't put the rocket on the pad, they probably can't work the tilt mechanism either.

Back