Sad. Buzz Aldrin in a legal battle with his own son.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mother passed away last fall after a slow decline over about a 10 year period of Dementia, Alzheimer. I can tell you that Alzheimer is a despicable disease in how it steals the person's memories and identity, and it does not surprise me that Buzz would be fighting with his son if he is suffering from this. Denial and aggression/anger is part of the process, if this is how he feels at least he still has enough of himself left to feel these emotions. Once the person no longer harbors these emotions then you know their mind and who they were is gone.

Sad indeed. I would like to think that the accusations of dementia are inaccurate. I hate to think of such an inspiring mind laid low.

Jim
Unfortunately, Alzheimer's is no respecter of persons. :( Actually, I'd almost rather believe it is Alzheimer's than that his own son is screwing him over.

Actually, I'd almost rather believe it is Alzheimer's than that his own son is screwing him over.

Make that Buzz is accusing his son and his daughter of stealing from him, and Buzz's own attorney is petitioning the court to drop his client whom he claims he doesn't want to represent any longer.
Buzz was always a bit of a tool. Sadly, this is not out of character for him, but Alzheimer sounds way gentler.
https://www.thespacereview.com/article/3241/1

a

There are a number of people that I visit in "memory care" units. It's tough to watch, I can barely imagine how difficult it would be to live through.

I've had my mother in a memory care/dementia facility for over five years now, the slow decline in mental function is a sad thing to see.
She had some rather delusional ideas abut what we were trying to do when we attempted to get her to sign over responsibilities, leave her home and move closer to me.
Has to be hard on that family.

Back