Ruggedized small club launch system

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going off the components listed by RimFireJim, minus battery's and a box, I get $57NZD. Components here are also way more expensive than what you have available in the US :mad:

No way, Jose'. $57NZ equals only $32.40US by the exchange rate calculator I just used (converit.com). That's one keyswitch at ~$22US (digikey) and a couple toggle switches. SCE to AUX and I are talking about components that will stand up to long-term use in a personal or club environment (not Radio Shack), rated for the current of up to four simultaneous ignitions. I couldn't even buy everything needed at an electronics surplus store for $32US unless I got lucky.

If you can make one for $57NZ, have at it, but I'd love to see the bill of materials.

Last edited:
No way, Jose'. $57NZ equals only $32.40US by the exchange rate calculator I just used (converit.com). That's one keyswitch at ~$22US (digikey) and a couple toggle switches. SCE to AUX and I are talking about components that will stand up to long-term use in a personal or club environment, rated for the current of up to four simultaneous ignitions. I couldn't even buy everything needed at an electronics surplus store for $32US unless I got lucky.

If you can make one for $57NZ, have at it, but I'd love to see the bill of materials.

a $22 key switch is unnecessary, its not for a ferrari its for a launch controller, a $10 one is sufficient

Back