Roll Call for people home with sick kids

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green Arrow

Reaction score
So....Who are the lucky ones home today with a sick kid?

Pros: It breaks up my 12 day stretch of work?! Get to baby spend time with kid. Get to get a few things done around the house. Maybe a nap too!?;)

Cons: Get docked for calling in and end up using PTO.

How about being home because yourself is hurt. I have been off work since last tuesday with a injured foot. I will be off till this friday. Atleast you got PTO to use, being self employed I do not get that part. I got a lot of rockets built while I was off....:D

You qualify!

Hope your foot is better soon! That is the bad part of self employment....no work no pay.....:cry:

Not today, but I had kids puking all over me last week and this weekend. Wife started getting sick on Thursday, so it was all me. I still have the puke smell stuck in my nose hairs...

My daughter likes Disney movies when shes sick, its a nonstop marathon at my house but it keeps her quiet. I'm speed building a Mean Machine during her naps!

I'm home today. Actually, I've been home since November when our office closed and everyone lost their jobs. Unemployment. It's no fun. :( I'm too down to even enjoy building a rocket.

I'm home today. Actually, I've been home since November when our office closed and everyone lost their jobs. Unemployment. It's no fun. :( I'm too down to even enjoy building a rocket.

Sorry to here that Eugenefl...... I know a lot of people who have been hurt by the down economy..... My son's piano teacher's husband has been out of work for over a year. He had worked for IBM...Programmer...Is having a hard time finding something = (over qualified). He is now just starting to do some consulting work up in the cities on and off. I am sure things are very tight on just her income from piano lessons.

When you least expect it the son will shine again! What did you do at you old job?

Sorry to here that Eugenefl...... I know a lot of people who have been hurt by the down economy..... My son's piano teacher's husband has been out of work for over a year. He had worked for IBM...Programmer...Is having a hard time finding something = (over qualified). He is now just starting to do some consulting work up in the cities on and off. I am sure things are very tight on just her income from piano lessons.

When you least expect it the son will shine again! What did you do at you old job?

Computers, IT Stuff...networking, pc/laptop repair, server maintenance, etc. I'm getting hits on my Monster profile with actual potential opportunities. I'm just hoping the right job comes along. There's hope...it's just taking a little long. I'm ready to get out and fly rockets again. I just need an income to suppot the hobby.

Although I haven't been home with sick kids, it's been nice to be home with my dog. I've been spoiling the heck out of him taking him to dog parks and extra long walks.

Oh, man... last week was a marathon with honorable daughter No. 2 sick with a bad cold and an ear infection. Meanwhile, honorable daughter No. 1 gets covered from head to toe with a strange rash. Fortunately, that was the easier of the two since it turned out to be contact dermatitis and symptoms disappeared once we figured out the cause.

My wife and I were tag-team babysitting last week, trying to figure out who could afford to miss what on specific days.

Oh, man... last week was a marathon with honorable daughter No. 2 sick with a bad cold and an ear infection. Meanwhile, honorable daughter No. 1 gets covered from head to toe with a strange rash. Fortunately, that was the easier of the two since it turned out to be contact dermatitis and symptoms disappeared once we figured out the cause.

My wife and I were tag-team babysitting last week, trying to figure out who could afford to miss what on specific days.

How old are your kids? Hmmm.....rash...head to toe...Chicken pox? Was the rash were skin was exposed? Did you change detergent? Was it sunny? Was the child out in the sun? Did she have a fever?

Is that enough questions?

Meanwhile, honorable daughter No. 1 gets covered from head to toe with a strange rash.

Strange rash, eh? Reminds me of the rash I got a week or two after I got surgery on my arm. Started off as a small itch on a Saturday, then it started to develop as a rash and it started to spread along my entire arm. Went as far up to my shoulder and down to my fingers. Eventually, it got bad enough that it wasn't a rash anymore, and my arm was more like a huge, red, hot swollen...'thing'. Went to the emergency room two days after the itch started and it turned out to be a severe allergic reaction on the skin from one of the contents of a bandage I was using as protection for my stitches. Didn't go to school until Thursday.:rolleyes:

Honorable daughter No. 1 is four years old. Honorable daughter No. 2 is 10 month old.

The rash was caused by a change in moisturizing lotion. No fever or any other symptoms. Just the "itchies" as described by my oldest.

How old are your kids? Hmmm.....rash...head to toe...Chicken pox? Was the rash were skin was exposed? Did you change detergent? Was it sunny? Was the child out in the sun? Did she have a fever?

Is that enough questions?

I still have the puke smell stuck in my nose hairs...
Too much information!! :lol:

I had that situation once at my house: wife, both kids, mother-in-law - sick, sick, sick, 1, 2&3, 4. The first was barely recovering while the last was in the midst of it. I was the only one who didn't get it. Must have been I virus that I had already developed immunity to.

I just got over the crud a couple of weeks ago, after fighting it for nearly a month. Now, the wife and son both have it. And, I'm getting a touch of the symptoms again:(

Listening (reading) to all of you makes me glad that germs haven't yet mutated enough to travel over the Internet.

Latest posts

Back