Roll Call for Narcon 2008

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim....

I am glad to hear that you and Carol were able to get the range box stickers worked out, and I am glad that you will once again be providing them to NARCON attendees. They look awesome! Thanks a TON!

Have a safe trip and we will see you and Kathy on Friday!

Just picked them up :) (see attached pix). Unfortunately there was a misunderstanding and I only got 100 instead of 150...

P1010376sm.jpg

P1010377sm.jpg

Just in case anyone is interested. At the Minneapolis Convention center they are holding The Minneapolis and St. Paul International Auto Show until March 16. Cost is $9, hours are 4-10pm Friday, 10am-10pm Sat , and 10am-7pm Sunday. Website is www.twincitiesautoshow.com.

Bummer. And with one on the box, that takes us down to 99...I wonder what the total headcount will be there? Seemed like just a tad over 100 last year.

There are currently 105 pre-registered attendees, plus the vendors.

I expect the attendee number to increase with on-site registrations beginning Friday.

Carol

They do look great Jim! And I guess I better get there NLT 3:00pm to ensure I get them, eh?

Tell you what I will do. After the *99* are used up, please provide me with the names and addresses of everyone who didn't get one and I will send them one via snail mail :) Just be sure that they know they will get one.

And don't forget to give me the list :)

jim

Just went through everything and it just doesn't seem as if I will be attending this year.

I do want to thanks all those who encouraged me ( especially BobCox) and hope to see all at one of the events coming up.

Just went through everything and it just doesn't seem as if I will be attending this year.

I do want to thanks all those who encouraged me ( especially BobCox) and hope to see all at one of the events coming up.

Bummer, but understandable. It was neat meeting you at NARCON last year, and when I think back about all the changes Sunward has gone through since then, the new & different products offered (including those cool old-school weapon kits), you've had a pretty amazing year.

Bummer, but understandable. It was neat meeting you at NARCON last year, and when I think back about all the changes Sunward has gone through since then, the new & different products offered (including those cool old-school weapon kits), you've had a pretty amazing year.

Wanted to show the new kits since last year (lots of them) and in addition to the parts. Including the nose cones, and the very new cluster cables.

But to do that I would have to drive down with everything. Just couldn't get a very nice selection via air travel.

I even had a new and professional backdrop I wanted to use. Alas, next time.

Sorry to hear about that, Angelo. You will be missed at NARCON this year, but like Chan said, it is totally understandable. Crossing the border with sellable goods means that you have to live by a whole different set of rules.

Welp, looks like we are starting the big meltdown here. Sun's been out all day and the temp is 48 deg. Hope the launch site down south won't be too mushy to fly on.

Looks like I may not make it to Narcon; My young son is being released this evening from inpatient stay at a behavioral health hospital, and I need to be there for him, and help him (and the rest of our family) try to transition back to life at home. As some of you know, this stuff is very stressful. I was really looking forward to meeting folks from TRF, meeting Vern & Gleda, talking with fellow BARs, etc, etc. I may try to drive up to hear the Saturday evening talk, but it is a 10 hr round trip. Sorry for the downer to this thread; sometimes life really gets in the way of hobbies :(

Paul... I am very sorry to hear about what you are going through, but we totally understand. You are absolutely right about life getting in the way of hobbies, but family is WAY more important. Thanks for letting us know that you won't be able to make it. I hope everything works out well at home for you.

Looks like I may not make it to Narcon; My young son is being released this evening from inpatient stay at a behavioral health hospital, and I need to be there for him, and help him (and the rest of our family) try to transition back to life at home. As some of you know, this stuff is very stressful. I was really looking forward to meeting folks from TRF, meeting Vern & Gleda, talking with fellow BARs, etc, etc. I may try to drive up to hear the Saturday evening talk, but it is a 10 hr round trip. Sorry for the downer to this thread; sometimes life really gets in the way of hobbies :(

Family comes first! Hope things go okay. Thought and prayers are with you.

I know where you're coming from... I was hoping to spend a lot of time chattin and meeting people from the forum but things don't always work out how you want them.

We can all take a few minutes to fill you in.... I'm going Friday night and will be at the Sport Launch on Saturday.... I'll keep you posted....

YES! I do predict MUD at the sport launch!

Weather forecast right now for the launch site is mostly cloudy, 32-35 degrees, with 8-10 mph winds.

...We can all take a few minutes to fill you in.... I'm going Friday night and will be at the Sport Launch on Saturday.... I'll keep you posted...
Thanks, that would be nice. So..., where do I logon to the webcams? ;)

Latest posts

Back