RocStock Nov 10-12

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Silly boys, rockets are for girls...

It's a picture of Lauren since she'll blush. She's begging for a 10" Thumper and for NAR to have a LII Jr cert. I'm sure dad will cave in eventually and place the order.

Lauren's dad, Greg and his rocket "Seperation Anxiety". A central K1275R airstarting 2 H180's to another pair of H180's. Dual deploy. I missed getting pictures of the launch.

Gary Rosenthal, President of Aerotech, after prepping a 4" Polecat Goblin with a proto motor.

The Goblin lifting off.
That's Daveyfire in the foreground showing off some plumbers cleavage. :p

You have no idea how tempted I was to really embarass him...hehehehehe.

Here's a little one learning that your rocket has to be close to your own height to be worth launching. Had to work at this picture, he was camera shy.

Well, the little guy knows how to pack a chute. Here's his initiator just about to touch down about 10' from the launch pad.

This is what it's all about....

10" Hawk, Big Redline M motor........ YEAH BABY!!

Nice pictures Ken. I don't remeber most of them though, oh yeah I was looking for my rockets.

Hey Cliff, is this you?

not me - that's David Erbas-White with the orange Skeeter. There was another red & yellow one, can't remember who had it, darn.

we didn't bring our Skeeter, it's retired. my son says we need to build some super-duper carbon fiber nomex-honeycomb fins so we can kick Jack's & Mark's butts in a Skeeter drag race.

Cliff,

Let me know if you get into that project. I'm thinkin' along those same lines... going after Mark on the up, but recovering the rocket as well. :)

Tim,

I would have taken alot more, but I was out hiking to retrieve my Fat Boy. I left the camera in it's bag most of Sat. with all of the dust.

Originally posted by Saks_Russel
That's Daveyfire in the foreground showing off some plumbers cleavage. :p

Hey now, it was worth it...

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

The second one isn't even cropped... just resized. 8 megapixels of Redline glory ;)

David,

Nice shots... get posting. You had a better lens out there than I did.

Wish I could afford a herd of 'L' glass.

O.K. roc stock was great!! and nice pics WOW!! I'll have some to post later.

Tim (Kelly88) the pleasure was ours. your always welcome at our camp. as long as you bad luck dosnt rub off on us.... LOL

Ken, that was my redstone, but thats my small one, on a J460T, but dont worry the big redstone will be going up at LDRS, probobly on an M2400T ro maybe the M2000R.... we'll see.

I'm hoping someone got a pic of my (our) demo flight, it was my 3" black/ orange/ purple rocket on the 38mm J640 pumpkinhead.... (orange flame) in the rush i forgot to grab the camera... hope someone did... davey??

by the way davey thanks for sharing you xprize pics those were awsome.... and are you serious about making some ex motors for little joe??? if so give me a little more info so i know waht im building... lol thanx

Gary (FUDD) dont worry we'll rebuild both our little redstones...

Originally posted by metalwizard

I'm hoping someone got a pic of my (our) demo flight, it was my 3" black/ orange/ purple rocket on the 38mm J640 pumpkinhead.... (orange flame) in the rush i forgot to grab the camera... hope someone did... davey??

For the love of God, someone tell me they got a picture of the orange load!!!

Originally posted by daveyfire

IMG_0751.jpg

The second one isn't even cropped... just resized. 8 megapixels of Redline glory ;)

Does anyone know what the little flaming thing is flying off in the lower right hand side of the pic? Look below the flag in the distance. Interesting.

Great shots, by the way - definitely worth showing a little plumber cleavage for these shots!

i would have to agree looks like igniter, maybe a chunk of blue thunder propellant, people use it all the time to get big stuff going.

possibly even thermite, but that burns dark and brown.

I agree a bit of blue thunder because that is the exact same color that a bluethunder grain burns. a little slice of blue thunder grain will burn for a second or 2 long enough to let the rocket get off the rail and to get the picture

Ken,
Excellent job on your web page. There were some really nice pictures in there. Remember that red rocket I found Sunday morning when I was out looking for mine? Picture 3013 shows the owner at the table holding it. Don't recognize him, but it must have been early Saturday before the wind kicked up.

very nice ken, very nice,

I wish i had some 3d glasses to look at the backgrond with lol...

congrats on the nice LII flight also!!

Ken, you got some fantastic shots of my "Short Tomahawk" on a K185 going to 9014'. it was a great flight, if you have high-res files of those pix could I get copies? it was sooo straight up,

so nice. that rocket is a glassed PML phenolic IQSY Tomahawk. It got a bonk - at Black Rock, K725 EX, altimeter power failed, spun in from 10,000' - so I cut off the shattered part of the tubes and glued the fins on again. looks ugly but flies great.

Cliff i thought it looked great on the pad... who else is gonna see it up close?? the RSO, the LCO, and the guys who's car it lands on.....LOL

Originally posted by metalwizard
Cliff i thought it looked great on the pad... who else is gonna see it up close?? the RSO, the LCO, and the guys who's car it lands on.....LOL

At least he gets it back. Hey Cliff, I wanna how how you make it land on peoples cars, so I don't lose anymore.

remember the big Fat Boy at Plaster Blaster that took out a van? my wife's first comment to that was, "honey, next time get it to land on _our_ old van!" I think she wants a new one, without the dust and "burned propellant" smell.

LOL, saw the video on youtube that was ALOT of damage to the roof of the car it did more damage to the car than the rocket!!!!!!:D ;)

Back