RocStock Nov 10-12

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saks_Russel

Reaction score
I guess I'll get the thread going. 13day 23hours until Rocstock.

Who's going?
What are you flying?
Got a good sized BBQ?
Who's RV starts the festivities?

Gotta have's:

Video projector (What's Up trailer or = for the screen)
DVD player
Laptop for daily pics (Actually, I can feed pictures to video from my camera)
Family oriented movies (I could watch The Incredibles again)

I have never seen one, but I wonder if a swap shop is a possiblity. Bring out your dead and trade them away (rockets, not in-laws).

SpartaChris, I drink Guiness, Newcastle, Bass, etc hint, hint

Well if all goes well, I hope to be there. I hope the weather is good by then, not windy. I'll be flying a couple of new rockets. My friend, Dave(remember him) moved to Tenessee. he left me his BSD Horizon. All it needed was paint and a chute. And I'm also bringing my 38mm FatBoy. Basically a stock FB with a few mods. And I'll bring a couple others. I would like to go up on Friday afternoon and stay overnite, I'd also like to retire and not have to worry about money ever again. Ha Ha . Maybe I'll have my upscale Tomahawk ready.......

Anyone who is into astronomy or just happens to have a telescope might want to bring it along for a look at comet Swan. It shouldn't be too hard to spot out in the desert and it's a alien lime green color.

Only one week minus 11hours to go...

Darng it... gotta go apply some epoxy.. bye

Ken

Well, I have Dirk ready to fly again, he has some time he can sneek away from his new company.

We have the Sumo prepped, and ordered a M2000R and four 75mm K780R’s for outboards. A all Red flight!

We have Porthos prepped and ordered a M2500T and six K1100T’s for outboards. A all Blue flight!

Should be fun! See you all there!

I'll be there!!! as for stuff to bring, i have just finished an upscaled "warthog" with airstarts... pluss my "UFL" unidentified flying lampshade!!!! its a nightflyer, if you wanna se it come to rockstock!!!

AS FOR FESTIVITES AT NIGHT...JUST COME TO MY CAMPFIRE, THATS ALL I CAN SAY!!!

see everyone on the lakebed!

I'll be there! Not flying, just watching. My wife and I are vacationing in Plam Springs.

Do you think it would be O.K. to pass out catalogs from the model rocket company my son works for? Do I have to get permission from someone to do that?

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

Originally posted by teflonrocketry1
I'll be there! Not flying, just watching. My wife and I are vacationing in Plam Springs.

Do you think it would be O.K. to pass out catalogs from the model rocket company my son works for? Do I have to get permission from someone to do that?

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

I'll take one, thank you.

Metalwizard, I was going to ask if you were going to be there. Look forward to seeing you again.

Aidan and I will be there by Friday evening. looking forward to seeing y'all!! not sure what rockets we'll bring, something old, something new...

I'll be there with my family and plan on bringing a whole bunch of stuff. Even some rockets!

I will be bringing 6ft. Mercury Redstone, 6 different crayons, something for night flights, and this thing....

...Fudd

Dang, forgot pic.

...Fudd

Originally posted by Fuddrucker
I'll be there with my family and plan on bringing a whole bunch of stuff. Even some rockets!

I will be bringing 6ft. Mercury Redstone, 6 different crayons, something for night flights, and this thing....

...Fudd

hmmm, a sabre tooth shrunken head. I love it.

cls, Aiden should be bigger than the Skeeter that I took a picture of him with. I'll have to get another picture of him with that rocket if you bring it (if it's still alive). I hope that I track you down.

I will probably string up some halloween lights around my ez-up. I'm bringing a 4" bullpup for my L2 cert, Hot Needle of Inquiry and a box of small stuff. No time to get the Hawk finished.

The Thing - very cool! does it light up too?

Mark,

Be sure to tell the boss that I would REALLY be happy to test some stuff for him on my bullpup after I cert.

Since there are several of us planning on being there, should we all try to park near each other? I will be going up on Saturday morning, if I knew where you were going to beI could park near you, or you could save me a spot. If you need my cell number, just pm me and we can set it up.

sweet I visited the website, now we can usethe tent we've had for 2 years thatwe haven't used LOL since I' ve only got 1 D15 reload lafet I will probably fly it in my stormcaster with my altimeter in it!!!

There will be at least one vendor on-site that will be happy to sell you as many motors as you like.

Andy of What's Up Hobbies will almost certainly be there.
Scott of Just Rockets has been there every other time I have.
Discount Rocketry may be there, but they are moving to NM and I haven't talked to Jim or Ruby for a month or so.
Rocket in a Box.
Rocket Motion.
Defy Gravity (although he may not have a booth, but ask around if you are interested in a Tether).
Rocket Rage.
Desert High Power, I think.
Subway (takes orders for delivery around lunch time)
I don't know if Nadine will show up to take pictures (she owes me 2 from last November). She was expecting last year and may be home with the baby.

There has always been a decent vendor turn out. Andy and Scott have big trailers full of everything, esp. motors.

It would be nice if being a vendor was a casual thing, but they need permits from BLM to sell on the land. I would love to see a consignment shop, but I'm not sure if that is permissible without a specific permit.

For sundries, there is an excellent market just down the road that is a combo Supermarket, hardware store, cafe. They also have rocket kits and Estes motors. Friendly staff too.

If you want a particular HP reload, call or email What's Up Hobbies to check if Andy has it in stock. He's great and will put aside something for you to make sure you get it.

yay now I can buy a 29 casing for my mid-power rockets and especially my hawk mountain Raptor but it hasn't shipped to my house yet(sigh) woohoo!!!:D :cool:

I just found out that the I-15 and 215 junctions will be closed from 9am Friday through 1pm Sunday. If your route takes you across that junction, a detour is available but considerable delays might occur.

Check the Caltrans website for more information https://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo/

Saks

Tim,

Greg Eyrich is going out on Thursday. MetalWizard is going Thurs as well. Greg may save some space for us.

I'm leaving Friday morning as soon as I get packed up. Gonna be late nights to get all my ducks in a row.

Originally posted by Saks_Russel
Mark,

Be sure to tell the boss that I would REALLY be happy to test some stuff for him on my bullpup after I cert.

i got a Aerotech demo motor to fly on saturday..... should be cool, and i promise you no one on this forum (except gary) has seen this one..... thats all i'm saying
(and thats probobly too much allready)

and i believe gary has a couple other demo motors in BIGBOY motors to fly..

Back