Rocksim v11

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, so I purchased the V11 upgrade as I have v10 already installed. So how do you install the upgrade?
I got the email receipt, which Apogee says will contain the link to download, but no link?
Anyone else have this problem?
I have sent a message to Apogee but I probably should not expect a reply until Monday, but I am inpatient and would like to play around with the new version this weekend.

I talked about this on another TRF thread.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/rocksim-activation-problems.184897/

Apogee should have directed you to this website.

https://www.apogeerockets.com/RockSim/Rocksim-Registration

When I went to the website above I tried downloading for Windows. However, I've got several anit-virus blockers like Kaspersky, Chrome, and probably MS Defender. If you run into this partial download/blocking problem, instead of immediately downloading use a copy link and copy into some folder on your PC. Then proceed to download from that location. If MS defender gives a warning, just ignore and proceed to download.

Last edited:
OK, so I purchased the V11 upgrade as I have v10 already installed. So how do you install the upgrade?
I got the email receipt, which Apogee says will contain the link to download, but no link?
I have sent a message to Apogee but I probably should not expect a reply until Monday, but I am inpatient and would like to play around with the new version this weekend.
Same here.

I ran into the same problem and had given up until I found this thread. The link from aerostadt got me going but with the trial version, hopefully Apogee will send the activation key Monday.

I ordered the new version the day after it was announced. V11 installed as a separate program; V10 is not touched and is completely intact. After purchase, I downloaded off the link provided in the email that came within a couple of minutes; then I used the "Product Activation" item found in the Help menu. Choose the activation by internet and you are good to go. That's the Windows version; no idea what the Apple version is like. I think the time period of use before activation is required is 14 days but I may be mistaken so you should be able to use the software in trial mode.

Correction: not 14 days but 30 days before activation required. The product key should be included in the email with the link and input at the Help menu. Sometimes the email might get shunted to the Junk/Spam folder on some systems so always check that folder. I got 2 emails; one is the sales confirmation (which I just noticed also had the product key), the other will be the download link and product key.

Last edited:
I ordered the new version the day after it was announced. V11 installed as a separate program; V10 is not touched and is completely intact. After purchase, I downloaded off the link provided in the email that came within a couple of minutes; then I used the "Product Activation" item found in the Help menu. Choose the activation by internet and you are good to go. That's the Windows version; no idea what the Apple version is like. I think the time period of use before activation is required is 14 days but I may be mistaken so you should be able to use the software in trial mode.
Yes, I did get it installed and still have the v10 as a separate desktop icon but the v11 is asking for an activation key, which I don't have thus need to get the key from Apogee tomorrow. Hope this makes sense?
PS. Got no link from Apogee in the purchase email sent immediately after purchase.

Yes, I did get it installed and still have the v10 as a separate desktop icon but the v11 is asking for an activation key, which I don't have thus need to get the key from Apogee tomorrow. Hope this makes sense?
PS. Got no link from Apogee in the purchase email sent immediately after purchase.
Yes, at some point you are required to insert the product key, which is about 28 characters long.

Same issue. I bought the upgrade on Friday last week. I got the purchase confirm email, but not the email with the link and activation key (yes, I checked the spam folder). I assume Apogee's automated email/key generation system is broken right now. Sounds like there are other people in the same boat, so I will refrain from bugging them this morning on the hope that they are just catching up on the correction of errors from over the weekend, but, if I do not get something from them by noon Mountain Time, I will get on the phone and have the conversation.

I do understand these kinds of systems can go down, but if you are in the business of selling software that needs an activation key, you need to provide customer support over the weekends to ensure paying customer get the product they paid for.

Rocksim has been flaky ever since they moved past version 9. They never really fixed all the issues in version 10, so I was hoping that was because they abandoned the effort and put all the energy into making version 11 a great product. The initial v11 customer experience is not instilling overwhelming confidence in the effort...

Update: I got my activation key this morning and installed the software. I have not had a chance to see if any of the v10 bugs persist, but it is installed.

I have been playing around with Rocksim v11 a bit this week. I can say that, so far, it appears that a number of the more egregious problems with v10 have been fixed.

- So far, v11 has not crashed on me. This is not a high bar, in comparison to v10, which crashed about once every 10 minutes
- There were a few repeatable ways to make v10 crash (modify a component and then try to cancel/not save the change - v10 crashed 90% of the time). So far, v11 does not appear to crash when doing the same operations.
- The entire Custom Fins section in v10 was dorked up from the get-go. v11 seems to have fixed all the issues I saw in v10.
- I do like the automatic engine update feature. So far, it appears to be working. I am not sure where Apogee is pulling the info from, but I have yet to find a motor that is not on the database. That is impressive, considering years ago I gave up on relying on engine files from other places and have been maintaining my own manufacturer files for at least the past 5 years.
- Launch simulations in v10 had a tendancy to be a bit hit-or-miss. Last week I was trying to simulate my Nike Smoke DD in v10 on a CTI J380. It gave me zeroes across the board for a couple tries, then I restarted the program and it gave me good results, then, a couple sim tries later on another rocket/motor combo, it gave me zeroes again. Restart, rinse, repeat. So far, v11 has been reliable everytime.

v9 was a staple for a long time. v10 was just broken. v11 seems to be stable and working fine. Apogee didn't charge for the v10 upgrade, so I guess we were all just beta testers for the past couple years.

Jury is still out, but preliminary results indicate
v10 = Windows Me
v11 = Windows 7

I agree, I gave up after Rocksim v9. V10 wouldn't install or run correctly, frequently crashed, etc. nice to hear v11 working better.

Latest posts

Back