Laser / CNC Rocksim to laser cutter.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can with mine. I just export the fin file as a .svg and import into my software. I use lightburn.

Ok, I was looking in the wrong place, I was looking under export instead of looking under the fin set. Thank you for your help. I still have a lot to figure out, this is not as easy as 3D printing.

Ok, I was looking in the wrong place, I was looking under export instead of looking under the fin set. Thank you for your help. I still have a lot to figure out, this is not as easy as 3D printing.
Ya they are not even on the same page when it comes to printing and laser cutting. Now you just need to throw in a cnc router yet...lol

I just want to post the full workflow for this so it's out here.
1. In Rocksim, go to Edit > Preferences > Miscellaneous, check the "Allow template exports" box and hit OK. (This is the step I was missing)
2. Select your Fin Set (or other part, like centering rings), click Edit, Then at the bottom left you should have an "Export template..." button that will allow you to save as an .SVG

Back