Laser / CNC Laser cutting power levels.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzviper1

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have an Elegoo 20 watt laser cutter coming tomorrow, how do I determine what power level and speed to use for balsa and model plywood?

I have an Elegoo 20 watt laser cutter coming tomorrow, how do I determine what power level and speed to use for balsa and model plywood?
You don't want to run a laser above 80% usually for life expectancy. Apart from that you just run some speed and power tests. Depends on the thickness, material and for the plywoods, the glue that binds them. Air assist makes a big difference.
Good luck.
Norm

I bought an xTools D1 Pro, and they sent a file with a matrix of various %Power and Speeds. You put your material in, run that file, then you can choose which setting for that material works for you. There was a matrix for cutting, engraving and scoring. That file is in their proprietary software format, but there may be others online or check with your vendor (xTool sent the link to the file after I bought the machine)

Attachments

• 20230805_093300.jpg
    20230805_093300.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Back