• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Rocket kits for sale on Ebay

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick_gaff

Reaction score
contact sheet 1.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/sch/nira1/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

LOC Precision Starburst model rocket kit
Item Id: 330847028609

Quest Aerospace M2Q2 Lifting Body model rocket kit out of production
Item Id: 330847025759

Estes Mercury Redstone model rocket kit out of production
Item Id: 330847023626

Estes SR-71 Blackbird model rocket kit out of production
Item Id: 330847022431

Estes Orbital Transport model rocket kit out of production
Item Id: 330847019517

Quest Aerospace flying model rocket kit - DC-Y Space Clipper
Item Id: 330847014321

Estes Trans Wing Super Glider kit
Item Id: 330846667593

Estes Outlander kit EST 2110
Item Id: 330846666140

Estes Phoenix kit EST 1380
Item Id: 330846661251

Estes Scissor Wing Transport kit EST 1265
Item Id: 330846664410

Estes Renegade kit EST 2109
Item Id: 330846663139

Estes 1/100 scale Saturn 1b model rocket kit out of production
Item Id: 330847016691

Rick is NOT a spammer. I can assure you of that. I will also say you can trust any of his sales. He has alot of good stuff.

I think he is just trying to share the listing info.

Trustworthy seller.

-Jason

I have been a NAR member since 1968 and have known Rick Gaff for about that long. Just because you are not familiar with someone with a LONG and RICH history in this hobby does not give you liberty to label him. Rick, for whatever reasons he has, is selling off his decades-in-making collection. I don't do E-Bay so I can only watch and want. Heck, my wife would not know what to do with all of the stuff I have accumulated.

Why not ask instead of condeming? Would you like that kind of treatment?

Chas
NAR 9790
NAR Board of Trustees service for nine years

SPAMMER!
If not, post something other than your e-bay auction!
JD
Wow! A really nice guy who's been in the hobby forever decides to sell some out of production kits on ebay and he comes to a rocketry forum and posts a notice of what he's selling in the "For Sale" section of the forum. WHAT IN GOD'S NAME WAS HE THINKING???????

There's a reason I hardly post here any more and that really nice people who have been in the hobby a long time have no interest in these forums. :sad:

By the way, I bought something from Rick on ebay last week and I hope he gets top dollar for everything he's selling.

Steve

Last edited:
Jeff, if I'm not mistaken, Rick used to be very active on a previous incarnation of TRF.

Not to mention, what he's selling is spot-on for the hobby -- not like he's advertising coins, stolen credit cards, or cell phones.

-Kevin

Steve I concur about rarely posting here. All these experts with high post counts that think that just because they have shoved a large motor into a model and therefore know it all. By the way, "Gus" and his daughter were on the U.S. team that competed in the World Space Modeling CHAMPIONSHIPS this summer in Slovenia. Don't you just hate people who shout in posts?
Going to watch "The Big Bang Theory" with my wife who is a speech pathologist in a school district. Long week for her.

Chas

Chas,

Agreed about the "experts."

I do want to give credit where credit is due, though. Were it not for this forum Emma and I would never have been on the U.S. team. It was on this forum I first met Sandman, he invited me to an NAR meeting, and the rest flowed from there. I am incredibly grateful to the wonderful folks who created and maintained this forum all these years. They've truly lived up to G. Harry's "Pay it forward" creed.

One more thing, just wait 'til you see what Emma wrote for the upcoming WSMC issue of Sport Rocketry. :) It made me very proud!

I could care less who and what the person is, posting on ebay should stay in ebay, posting somthing to sell here is what this part of the fourm is for. they shouldnt mix or soon rocketry will start charging a fee for listing here.

I could care less who and what the person is, posting on ebay should stay in ebay, posting somthing to sell here is what this part of the fourm is for. they shouldnt mix or soon rocketry will start charging a fee for listing here.

Really? Is it just me, or have been people been a bit edgy these last couple of weeks? "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all."

Really? Is it just me, or have been people been a bit edgy these last couple of weeks? "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all."

Funny you should say that -- I've been thinking that exact same sentence. There's been a lot of negativity, of late. It gets tiring.

There are lots of good things to discuss!

-Kevin

Funny you should say that -- I've been thinking that exact same sentence. There's been a lot of negativity, of late. It gets tiring.

There are lots of good things to discuss!

-Kevin

yea like th op having a good deal going on

or

when your going to fly or finish that talon 6

You "could care less"??

Or.....COULDN'T care less???

Sorry, just a pet peave of mine.

I don't think there is a rule about linking a eBay listing....especially if it is in the "for sale" section of the forum. If you don't care about it, move on. If someone was having a garage sale at their home and you didn't like what they were doing would you yell out your window at them as you drove by?

Post count means nothing to me and never did :eyeroll: .

I try to contribute instead of advertising my e-bay auctions.
So....it's okay for Rick because he is an NAR national hero?

Maybe we need a new section: Advertisements and PSA's?

JD

Steve I concur about rarely posting here. All these experts with high post counts that think that just because they have shoved a large motor into a model and therefore know it all. By the way, "Gus" and his daughter were on the U.S. team that competed in the World Space Modeling CHAMPIONSHIPS this summer in Slovenia. Don't you just hate people who shout in posts?
Going to watch "The Big Bang Theory" with my wife who is a speech pathologist in a school district. Long week for her.

Chas

Last edited:
I try to contribute instead of advertising my e-bay auctions.
So....it's okay for Rick because he is an NAR national hero?

No, it's okay because he's involved in the hobby, contributes, and it's related to the site.

-Kevin

Lighten up! :) It's Christmas. The post was about rockets for sale. What's the problem? I don't check ebay nearly as often as I check this forum, and I appreciate the "heads up".

Rick is a good guy who is too modest to tell you that he is selling his collection because he was laid of a while ago and still has not found steady employment. Sorry Rick. I imagine if you were in the same position, you might want a little help in making ends meet. I wish I was in a better position to help out, but I still live paycheck to paycheck. I do appreciate his listings, as I've found that when I just put "Rockets" in the search tab on Ebay, you get a zillion (well maybe not that many, but a butt load) of results. I'm not great at figuring out the right filter for the results I want sometimes.

Merry Christmas

Adrian

I've been bidding on Rick's kits and actually managed to win one of the auctions.
Posting here let me know that the interesting kits were available without wading through all the listings by non-rocketry folks.

John

Latest posts

Back