Rocket In A Box?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjt

Reaction score
I am looking for a recent thread about a vendor that was named " Rocket In A Box" I think. I have tried a search but can not find any information. I would appreciate any help.

TIA, tjt:D

I used Google and typed in
rocket in a box

First item on the list:

https://www.rocketinabox.com/

Just as I expected.

Originally posted by tjt
I am looking for a recent thread about a vendor that was named " Rocket In A Box" I think. I have tried a search but can not find any information. I would appreciate any help.

TIA, tjt:D

The particular recent thread was here. I had mentioned the Rocket In A Box company as a suggestion for what can happen when you set up a set of difficult, but attainable, goals.

WW

Has anyone purchased a kit from this vendor? I've never heard of them and am wondering if they are still in business... I usually go to EMRR to review kits by vendor before buying and this vendor isn't listed there...

I really like the kits they have and wouldn't mind giving one a try...

Maybe I will shoot an email off to them via their website to see if anyone responds...

While I personally have never built one of their kits, I've seen dozens of them fly, and they do fly very well. They are still indeed in business, and are going to be putting on a demo at Plaster Blaster this next month in which they launch one of their models (different builds, but the same design) on motors ranging from D on up through H. How many other rockets do you know of that are designed to handle everything from D's through H's???

Bear in mind that they are still a small business, so they might not have the instant response time that people have come to expect from places like Amazon and McMaster-Carr. But all in all, they're good folks to work with.

WW

OK Update and Correction Time.

I emailed Rocket In A Box about an hour ago, and Douglas from Rocket In A Box got back to me a few minutes ago saying that they are open for business.

They are listed as a vendor on EMRR. From the Home Page they are listed under "Vendors". I usually use EMRR to check on vendor kit builds before buying, and they aren't listed under the "Reviews" section from what I could see, only because nobody has done a review on one of their model rockets yet. Maybe I will be the first...

I have the viper kit. Hope to put it together this week or next. Not thrilled with the delicacy of the parts, but seems like it's well thought out based on their goals for the kit. From a purchasing standpoint, they were pleasant to deal with even when a nose cone got cracked during shipping and the main bt got trashed (looks like some fat ups dude sat on the box).

Back