Rocket hauling vehicles with good MPG

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My F-150 gets crap for mileage. 20mpg if the wind's not blowing and at 60mph. Anything 70 or more it drops to 15-16mpg and if there's a head wind, and I defy you to show me a day in Kansas when there isn't, about 13mpg... On the bright side, between the box and the tow package I have great rocket hauling ability.

1978 Peugeot 405 station wagon. Enormous cargo bay, around 50 mpg.

Whatever. As long as they are in the slow lane, I really don't care how slow they drive or their reasons for doing so. If they want to "hypermile" it and drive like a bunch of J**ka$$es I guess they have the right to do so.

Me? I'm the other way around. My 3-series has the 1.9L DOHC engine, and for that size of engine, it's no econobox. So I tweak it, maintain it, and put in the best parts just so I can get 30+MPG while driving like a lunatic on the open highways.

At least I'm not delusional or dishonest about it.

nice e36 btw... when i break something on my car i usually upgrade the replacement part... unfortunately i don't get good gas mileage... but then again i don't mind the extra power and knowing i can go anywhere...

"OMG! I can help save the enviroment" says every prius owner... what do you think happens to those batteries when they go or a car is totaled...

not only do i not have to worry about merging on the highway infront of a db vette owner... but i can go down jeep trails and drive out on the range to recover a rocket if i am feeling lazy... id like to see a prius do that... hell ive seen faster/more rugged smart cars

What I said was "I can buy a K motor with the money i didnt spend on gas getting to the launch"

what i can say is i had just as much fun driving to the launch as i did at the launch and plan on destroying that mud puddle on the way out... :wink:

DSCF4172.jpg

Last edited:
Back