3D Printing Review: Polymaker PolyLite PLA

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Polymaker PolyLite PLA: A premium quality PLA
image.png
Company: Polymaker is not an American company. They are located in Shanghai, China, but they have offices in China, the EU, and the US.

Products:
Polymaker is not a one-product wonder. They offer a wide variety of 3D printing materials with just as equal of a variety of colors to meet your needs. I have printed in yellow, orange, and black. This review will be of the Polylite True Orange.

Price:
The current price is under $25 on Amazon.

Introduction:
To be honest, I have not purchased a whole roll yet, but it is one my list. I received a sample of this filament to try in the sample box in December. I decided to do a little review. I started off with the generic settings on my Prusa MK3S and they never needed adjusting. I printed 3 items with the sample: a swatch, a whistle, and some of my maker coins. I got perfect prints every time.

Color:
When I opened the sample box to see the orange, I was mesmerized by the brightness and crispness of the orange. True Orange is a very appropriate color. I like orange but this is truly a bright orange. It is much brighter than the Prusa Orange.

Filament quality:
The quality is top-notch. It is not brittle and even though I left it out for 3 weeks without hydration protection, I still got a top-quality print. Uniform diameter.

Ease of use:
Polymaker filament is by far and away the easiest to print with filament I've found, very similar to Prusament for ease of use. If you bought a Prusa printer you will love this filament. I used both Prusament and generic PLA settings and both worked well.

Print quality:
None of the test prints failed. The surfaces turned out to be smooth and slightly shiny. The orange color came out just as it was on the spool. The color and print consistency are perfect in my book. I printed about 8-10 small prints with the filament. I had zero jams and 100% print success. Zero quality concerns with the filament or prints it produced.

The bottom line:
The quality is top-notch and the filament is less brittle than other filaments. The price is great at $25 for 1kg. I strongly recommend Polymaker PolyLite PLA. 5 stars. I hope Polymaker will keep the quality and does not change anything. I would purchase this product in the future. In fact, I have a spool on the way!

A link to the product on Amazon:
Polymaker PolyLite Orange PLA

Ok, tomorrow, I will review another product. I have a filament that I really love to print with almost as much as this one.

Thanks for the review - I was unfamiliar with this brand.

What is the advertised diameter tolerance?

Thanks for the review - I was unfamiliar with this brand.

What is the advertised diameter tolerance?

I have not seen anything. To be honest, this is one of the best printing filaments I have used. Second roll and not a single bad print or jam.

Thanks for this review. I have recently entered the world of 3D printing with an Ender 3 Pro; currently I am incredibly frustrated. The sample that came with the printer worked well. I’ve been struggling with a spool of Ziro sparkling blue (originally bought for someone else to use). I’ve recently started to suspect some of my problems are filament based.

Thanks for this review. I have recently entered the world of 3D printing with an Ender 3 Pro; currently I am incredibly frustrated. The sample that came with the printer worked well. I’ve been struggling with a spool of Ziro sparkling blue (originally bought for someone else to use). I’ve recently started to suspect some of my problems are filament based.

An Ender-3 will do that for you. I still have one that will not print.

I have an unopened spool if Polymaker Polycast just waiting to be tried.

Haven’t decided what to print, then cast, first.

I was panning you order some Polymaker PLA based on this review. Unfortunately, it’s currently not available. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I was panning you order some Polymaker PLA based on this review. Unfortunately, it’s currently not available. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

If you can get it the Amazon Basics PLA seems to work pretty well in my CR10v2 using Cura 4.5's generic PLA settings with my adjustments of wall thickness, adhesion method an infill levels.

If you can get it the Amazon Basics PLA seems to work pretty well in my CR10v2 using Cura 4.5's generic PLA settings with my adjustments of wall thickness, adhesion method an infill levels.

Polylite does give slightly superior print results with fewer jams, but Amazon Basics is decent. I am working on a review of it. Here is a link to amazon basics: Amazon Basics PLA.

Try Amazon Basics PLA..

Good to know! I might give it a try. However your Prusa probably deserves more credit than the filament! I have an Anycubic Predator, a Davinci and now an ender3 on the way and am kicking myself for not dropping the money all on one Prusa instead. My good prints are hit and miss...good when the planets align.

Back