Red Planet Transport

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. 3D printing is really changing the dynamic of what you can do. I'm liking the nozzle with the retainer ring built-in. But something NASA-ish needs a little more, like a transition up front to a larger diameter tube which becomes a payload bay (like a spacex falcon 9 satellite launch).... Swirl that around in your head and see what you can come up with!

Wow. 3D printing is really changing the dynamic of what you can do. I'm liking the nozzle with the retainer ring built-in. But something NASA-ish needs a little more, like a transition up front to a larger diameter tube which becomes a payload bay (like a spacex falcon 9 satellite launch).... Swirl that around in your head and see what you can come up with!
Already went down that path, it does not sell.

This looks interesting! What dia BT and what is the MMT size?

Also, if I build this I will NOT be putting the dowels on the ends of the fins because I have a propensity to break thingies like that off with my clumsiness. But that's a ME issue not a rocket design issue lol. I'll have to find a creative way to apply them. :D

Already went down that path, it does not sell.
I will say this, IF, I had a larger budget, I would buy several more of your kits, based on the quality, and attention to detail, on the Wolverine Upscale kit I received. It will just take me time to be able to buy more. I think you do great work.
Steve

This looks interesting! What dia BT and what is the MMT size?

Also, if I build this I will NOT be putting the dowels on the ends of the fins because I have a propensity to break thingies like that off with my clumsiness. But that's a ME issue not a rocket design issue lol. I'll have to find a creative way to apply them. :D
These are solid red oak dowels, so breaking them will take a lot

Back