RED GLARE XIII

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nick:

Hope you get her back! I'm not sure exactly what I'm flying, but I can tell you I'm gonna fly my stealth on a K every time I can...INDY rules!

As it stands right now, I am thinking I will fly the following:

Wildman Warrior Jr on a J400 Smoky Sam
Gizmo on a J360 Skidmark or J1520 VMAX
Crayon on a H151 Red or H159 Green
Darkstar Mini on a H54 Long Burn
High-Q on a G80 Skidmark
Big Daddy on a F50 Skidmark or G145 Pink

and

As much LPR stuff as the girls can shove motors in and chase down. It will also be the wife's first time flying her own rocket, an Estes STM-012 that she plans to fly on an E22 (not sure if I will ever see that case again).

Anyone getting any hints on a date? Rocketober 2 days away. I am looking forward to attending my first one.

Depending on when it is, we may go --what we might fly is WAY up in the air, but I bet my daughter will have her Pink Kraken, Purple Max and her Phoenix Bird at least-- my son will have his Kraken, Blue Max, and Hornet. Me... I dunno. Let's see how the next launch goes...

Later!

--Coop

So I joined MDRA today, now they can announce the dates for Red Glare. :)

No divorce yet, L3 should be ready to go at RG if conditions are right.

The latest from MDRA:

The official dates for RED Glare XIII remain on hold until Tommy and the neighboring farms have harvested their crops. MDRA will advise the membership as soon as we hear from Tommy.

Hoping for the dates to be announced soon!

My 5.5" Nike Smoke cluster rocket is just about done...all that's left is rail buttons and finishing.

As mentioned above, I plan to fly it twice:

1) Central 54-1400 K800 white with 2x 29-360 whites at 3 seconds, then 2x 29-240 whites at 6 seconds

2) Central 54-2550 K1100 purple with 2x 29-360 whites at 3 seconds, then 2x 29-240 whites at 6 seconds

All of the outboard motors are mixed, just need to finish cutting and coring.

See the pics...

image-3852606520.jpg

image-1963115565.jpg

image-1625235224.jpg

Woot! Nothing like a deadline to get my butt in gear :)

Indeed! I have to get crackin' on the Wildman kit I have sitting here. Higgs Farm is such a great launch site and Red Glare a really cool event!

Jim Z

Pre-registered and ready to go...now it's time to make reservations at the MicroTel!

Registered! Ultimate Wildman is still MIA with all my electronics and my motor case, so I don't know if I'll be flying anything, but I still wouldn't miss it for the world!

Anyone planning a Mach Madness attempt?

Any cool projects in the queue?

Anyone have an Aerotech 75-5120 case with closures that I may borrow for an L3 cert attempt on Saturday the 17th? I could (and will if I have to) rent a case from a vendor, but I'd prefer to save a few bucks if possible...

Let me know! Thanks!

I am registered and bought a tee, prepare for a cotton shortage....

I'm probably flying Sprite - build thread is in high power section. I'll update that thread in a few days. Propellant will be something from my Sunrise series of propellants, but have yet to decide which one. I can't fly my 114mm O as it will go too high, so it might be Jerry O'Sullivan's 114mm N. Or my new shiny 88mm N. I need to sim Jerry's to see if it goes too high on that one before making the decision. In any event, I'm expecting a > Mach 1 flight. Telemetry and GPS via Telemetrum, Marsa54 backup, tether deploy and possibly CO2, GoPro Hero2 for video. Unfortunately no paint... I doubt the temperature/weather will let me get it painted.

The 114mm baby O mentioned above will likely be flying in Al Anderson's bigger rocket (I think he calls it "Bubba").

Jerry also has something special planned, but that is his story to tell.

We're going to be busy mixing and prepping for the next few weeks! What am I saying... we already ARE busy!

Gerald

My girlfriend and are looking to get our level 2's done at this launch, anyone have any idea who we should talk to about that? Getting the tests done and signing off on the flight? Since METRA's gone down for now this will be our best bet and probably the last launch we get to attend for the year unfortunately!

Top left of the MDRA web page has a link to TRA/NAR certification contacts.

Good luck with certs.
Bill

Anyone planning a Mach Madness attempt?

Any cool projects in the queue?

Just a quick note about Mach Madness. So no one is confused by the name, you DO NOT have to fly your rocket at MACH speeds. All you have to do is be faster than the other fliers in your class. For the past couple of years we have broke Mach Madness down into four classes, based on motor impulse, to increase the spirit of competition and level the playing field.

The most important rules are: 1) Stay within the waiver. 2) Get the rocket back so we can read your recording accelerometer....you do need one of these so we can verify the speed. ( Note: if you are using something new on the market, be sure to bring the program and cables to the launch and allow us to download the program onto the computer we use for Mach Madness.) These should be rules any rocketeer can understand.

The classes are as follows:

Class One: A to G impulse.

Class Two: H and I impulse

Class Three: J, K & L impulse

Class Four: M and above impulse

There will be winners for each class and an over all winner who will crowned the Badest In The Land. This will be the rocketeer who flies the fastest, regardless of class.

There is no fee to participate, just sign up and do your best. Check out the MDRA Website for further details.

Neil

:flyingpig:

Neil:
We on the back field again?

PS Tell Tommy to make extra! Chicken ;) For those who haven't tried it make sure you do! It's incredible.

Neil:
We on the back field again?

PS Tell Tommy to make extra! Chicken ;) For those who haven't tried it make sure you do! It's incredible.

We will be on the front field. This will give us some extra breathing room if the wind is out of the southwest, with recovery to the north east......heading toward the silo and the unfriendly woods.....

There will be plenty of chicken....fear not.......

And to answer Black Brant....what part of you Do Not have to fly at MACH speeds don't you understand?

Neil

:flyingpig:

We will be on the front field. This will give us some extra breathing room if the wind is out of the southwest.

Great! We haven't been out front in a few years now. Can't wait!

My 6" MAD DOG at Red Glare 5 on an M1315W on the front field.

[video=youtube_share;PAkIPhT_B_g]https://youtu.be/PAkIPhT_B_g[/video]

Back