RED GLARE XIII

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryT

Reaction score
Now that LDRS 31 is over its time to start thinking about the next big launch RED GLARE 13, NO Dates have been set yet but I'm guessing mid Oct, The Red Glare launches are definitely not to missed, Personally they are my favorite launches out of all of them.

Not sure what I'll be flying yet but I do know I'll be flying one of the New CTI M1160G loads (75mm 5G) I planned to fly it at LDRS but just didn't get the time too.

So... Who's going and what are you flying?

Planning on all 3 days. My teaching schedule has been kind to me for the past couple of years.

I'm planning my level 3 flight on Friday (weather permitting). Ultimate Wildman named 'High Anxiety' on a CTI M2505. Also on tap, an Extreme Wildman on an AMW L1111ST and an Extreme Darkstar on a CTI L851. Might bump these up a bit if my L3 is successful :wink: Smaller stuff as time and weather permits. Thinking about doing the Mach Madness J-K-L category if the weather is good.

I will be there. Hoping to get my L2 this weekend and then perhaps picking up something to shove a 54mm 6 grain in.

I expect to be there all 3 days, whenever it turns out to be. It definitely is a great event on a great field! This coming one will be my 3rd Red Glare. :)

With fewer high power flying opportunities now in my local area, I'll have a lot of flying I'll want to get in that weekend. Also have a few projects to start building since no doubt it will be here before we know it. Red Glare is always the perfect opportunity to kick it up a notch!

Jim Z

Is the Steve Bayak / Dan Michael drag race a go for XIII or are they still thinking not till spring?

Hope to go and try to get my L-2. Don't know how many days I'll be there.
Just hope I can get off of work to go.

I'll be there all 3 days. This will likely be my last Red Glare before I head back to sea. :(

So far, I have 2 flights planned. My Redstone on an M2500T and four K1100Ts, and my Ultimate Wildman on an N10,000VM. Can't wait!

I would very much like to go --depends on what dates...

Later!

--Coop

I may attend my first one depending on the date. I am just beginning my L3 project so I may aim for a fall flight. It is a Wildman Gizmo XL DD kit.

Mickey:
Get your L3 at MDRA and you'll get yourself a pretty cool pin as a nice little bonus.

Level3.jpg

Got my L2 today so I am thinking that I need to slap together either a Darkstar Extreme or Bruiser-EXP...

I can't wait, Red Glare XII was my first high power launch, can't wait for XIII! Just got my level two last month so it's play time now! Don't think I'll have a level 3 ready by then though. Experimenting with on board video this weekend and then live telemetry downlink. Maybe that will be ready by then? Just starting a Formula 98 build now as well.

I'll be there all 3 days. This will likely be my last Red Glare before I head back to sea. :(

I'll sure miss seeing that Redstone of yours if you head out. The picture perfect recovery was one of my favorite things from Red Glare 12. Well, that and the up part, haha.

Planning on attending all three days of this launch. I'm moving away from the field (about 1.5 hrs now, will be about 6 hours after the move), but will be sure to make it down. No idea on planned flights yet, but I know others will bring rockets/motors worth watching.

Red Glare! Wouldn't miss it....Waay too much fun. Gonna have to mix a M or two for it. The guys down there are the best! If you haven't been, you gotta go! it's an INDY launch so I'll bring out my stealth 54 for some evil K motor launches! Will have to see what I build for it, but I'm gonna crank up my K&S Battle Axe that was done for the LDRS drag race that never happened.

Dan: Are you moving north, south or west??

So far, I have 2 flights planned. My Redstone on an M2500T and four K1100Ts, and my Ultimate Wildman on an N10,000VM. Can't wait!

Sorry to hear that.
Guess you can't do much rocketry on a ship.
Who's taking care of all your stuff?

I hear tell that we should have a Red Glare 13 date announced with in the next 2 weeks.

I hear tell that we should have a Red Glare 13 date announced with in the next 2 weeks.

Saw that as well. Looking forward to hearing the dates so I can book a hotel room...

What's everyone bringing this time around?

Looks to me like my Competitor 5, 38mm MD, Intimidator 3, and 5.5" Nike Smoke. Going to try my first airstarts after all these years with the Smoke, it's a 54mm mount with 4x 29's.

Saw that as well. Looking forward to hearing the dates so I can book a hotel room...

What's everyone bringing this time around?

Looks to me like my Competitor 5, 38mm MD, Intimidator 3, and 5.5" Nike Smoke. Going to try my first airstarts after all these years with the Smoke, it's a 54mm mount with 4x 29's.

As usual....just waiting to get the final word from Tommy Higgs. Once we know, MDRA will advise the other 7 Billion people on the planet.

:flyingpig:

I, and other members of our team are planning to bring Worcester Polytechnic Institute's Performance Rocketry Competitor 3 for a 10,000 foot altitude attempt on an Aerotech K250W. Personally I am also bringing a Wildman Vindicator DD, hopefully on a K454 Skidmark :y:. Also assorted other rockets and mid-power stuff, fortunately I will be in DC for my junior project with the Coast Guard, first Red Glare since starting college.

The last thing I heard was they were talking Nov for Red Glare.
Things will be tight as there are already 2 other big launches scheduled in Nov.

JD

Tentative flight plans for Red Glare:

1) Intimidator 5 on the New CTI M1160 Green3 Load, 75mm 5G. Looking at around 9800'
2) ProLine Rocketry Dominator 4R2 - Motor still thinking on.
3) ProLine Rocketry Dominator 3R2 - Motor still thinking on.

Last edited:
Tentative flight plans for Red Glare:

1) Intimidator 5 on the New CTI M1160 Green3 Load, 75mm 5G. Looking at around 11,000'
2) ProLine Rocketry Dominator 4R2 - Motor still thinking on.
3) ProLine Rocketry Dominator 3R2 - Motor still thinking on.

Man, I'd love to see your collection of rockets. Must be an entire room in your house.

Looking like the following for me:

1) 5.5" Nike Smoke on 54-1400 K800 white, airstarting 2x 29-360 I250 whites, and then 2x 29-240 H140 whites
2) 5.5" Nike Smoke on 54-2550 K1100 Purple, airstarting the same as the first flight
3) Intimidator 3 on 1 54-1400 K700 Everclear
4) Competitor 5 on something, could wind up being an L3 flight if money/time allow.

I can't wait!!! Then again work is busy, so I'm hoping for an early Nov. date.

Looking forward to the demo of the new CTI green Gary!

Tentatively plan to fly:
1) Scratch built 7.5" Little John - on a couple of different EX M's (75/6000 or 98/7500). Likely one sparky, and one either red/purple/blue/white? Dunno yet.
2) Wildman Eagle Claw - 54/2550, red K1300.
3) a bunch of smaller stuff - usually about 50% of whatever gets thrown into the car.

LOL Yeah Dan my basement has rockets everywhere, Hanging from the ceiling on the walls standing up etc.

Andy, Yeah I can't wait for RG either, With no Metra I haven't been to a HP launch since LDRS... As for M1160G its not a Demo, It was Certified a few weeks before LDRS, I just never got a chance to fly it there.

Cya soon! GT

Just waiting on the date. Will hopefully fly my Wildman Gizmo Dual Deploy for my L3. Motor TBD based on final weight. Gonna be a CTI M of some sort that stays in sight.

its a 98. He used my 98 6 grain motor to align everything correctly

My plans for Red Glare might be changing. :( I lost my Ultimate Wildman at Bayboro last weekend. Word is that one of the surrounding farmers has it, and the landowner is going to try to get it back. If he doesn't have it, and it really is lost, then there goes most of my plans. It has my 98/10240 case that I was going to use for the Redstone, along with two altimeters, a Beeline TX, and a Beeline GPS. I swept all over that field, and got no signal from either trackers. :(

Either way, I'll be there all three days. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Back