Red Glare IX Slide show

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketeer Gator

Reaction score
Well here's a little slide show put together from pix from Red Glare IX to Pink Floyd Learning to Fly.The camera is a Casio high-speed EX-FH25 that I found out about here on the forum.It takes 40fps so ended up with 1400+ pix to sort threw,this is what I put together after going threw about half of that.Ohh and my LVL 1 cert launch is 1:13 into video.Still couldn't get vid to work here so link below.:confused2:
Enjoy.......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjLEkqUeQEM

[YOUTUBE]EjLEkqUeQEM[/YOUTUBE]

Sweet pictures! I like the pink one.

P.S. Just take the video tag, in this case EjLEkqUeQEM, and put it in-between the youtube tags (youtube) (/youtube)

Well done, Gator. Nice that you were able to video your L1 flight.

I'm particularly impressed with your final product. What type of editor did you use to blend your stills and film clips?

I heard there was a BIG Orbital Transport that flew on a "J" Red line. Did anyone get pictures of it or the flight ?

Really Nice video...good choice of music too.

...and thanks for getting the lift off sequence of my Apollo Little Joe II ...(I've not been able to shoot pictures that fast).

I heard there was a BIG Orbital Transport that flew on a "J" Red line. Did anyone get pictures of it or the flight ?

There was indeed, and I took A LOT of pictures of that one, at least 15.
Talked with the builder/flyer a good bit...

The Orbiter glider had nice carbon fiber wings.

I saw the flight with a central J and four outboard G77 redlines....

I don't think I got a lift off shot, but it flew very well...the transport had built in spin tabs and you could see the outboards light off while it was spinning...four red flames under each wing

I don't know what altitude he got, but that glider was WAY up there...hope he got it back.
I'll try and post a few shots.....

Last edited:
Well done, Gator. Nice that you were able to video your L1 flight.

I'm particularly impressed with your final product. What type of editor did you use to blend your stills and film clips?
Muvee Reveal trial version came on laptop,so bought the full edition.The one drawback of the program is you can only add text at beginning and end of film you create.Other than that it seems like a decent program for this sort of application.
https://www.muvee.com/en/products/reveal

Really Nice video...good choice of music too.

...and thanks for getting the lift off sequence of my Apollo Little Joe II ...(I've not been able to shoot pictures that fast).
THX bud..Your talking about the one at 2:28?Remember I'm a noob an can't name em on site,if that's it I have a 9 pic sequence of your launch.Can email em if ya like just send PM bud.

I'm glad you enjoyed the flight.
From yesterday's post, "Hi Folks, I've gone cross eyed looking through everyone's albums. Please let me know if you got a shot of my 3X Orbital Transport flying on on J460 air-starting 4 G77's. It was the second flight after Saturday's Pink K Drag Race (probably a little before 1:00 pm.) All motors lit but you can't tell by any of my (not terribly sharp) photos.
Thanks for the help,
Matt"
I was very happy with the flight. The outboard G77's had me trembling at the pad. I could hardly get her prepped. To my great relief, she flew very nicely to 1914 feet where the glider released uneventfully and the drogue was deployed. However, at some point the shock cord wrapped around the body tube and the main was not fully deployed. The top two fins were broken off upon impact.
I thought the glider flew deep into the "brown=bad." But, before I went looking for it, I was told it had actually been recovered in the "green=good" and returned to the LCO.
Again, I'd love to get some good shots of the flight.
Thanks, Matt

Attachments

• 3XOT3rdFltMotors2000x1333.jpg
    3XOT3rdFltMotors2000x1333.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 14
Thanks gator for a wicked cool thread. The pictures in this confirm why I love this hobby:) Wish the Honest John was olive drab and the 1B had a tower and cluster but as they were ,they were outstanding :). The only thing that tempts me about HPR is I love the idea of building something that breaks the sound barrier. Maybe after Christmas when i have time to fully reinflate this hobby:)
thanks
Fred

Back