Red Arrow Hobbies Announces Acquisition of Sheris Hot Rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know dave had cosmetic surgery (had work done to his eyes).
Just don't show us a thong and Wonder bra dave:jaw:
Mr. Bob

He "owns" the business. He will be making and selling the kits himself now. I am not sure if he is going to change the name or what.

I wouldn't, even with the baggage. :bang:

Ya know I was really hoping "Sheri" was just a hmmm.... exotic dancer posing with the merchandise to sell the kits to middle-aged, over-sexed, grown-up-nerd rocketeers*. That's a much more intriging business model. :clap:

Oh well, I guess that's what we've got now. Brilliant!!! ;)

*Self Included

What about a customer like me, who paid for a kit from Sheri's Hot Rockets back in January of 2010 and never received the kit. No reply's to emails after 45 days when paypal time limit has expired.

I would change the name and as soon as possible replace all of the photos that feature Sheri. Why? Because there have been some customers of Sheri's Hot Rockets that have paid money months ago yet do not have rocket nor refund and that has soured it's reputation with some customers. I'm not a lawyer but I would hate to see Red Arrow in a lawsuit for continuing to use her image (provided it has been withheld) to sell rockets. Change it to Red Arrow Rockets or something.
Just food for thought.

I have long blonde hair and blue eyes, I'll pose for pictures.

I was going to comment on Dave modeling the kits, but you all got it covered.
But there is some nice eye candy around his neck of the woods in the summer,
I bet he could find some models for his models...

I wouldn't, even with the baggage. :bang:

Ya know I was really hoping "Sheri" was just a hmmm.... exotic dancer posing with the merchandise to sell the kits to middle-aged, over-sexed, grown-up-nerd rocketeers*. That's a much more intriging business model. :clap:

Oh well, I guess that's what we've got now. Brilliant!!! ;)

*Self Included

I always thought this was a clever idea, and I saw it on a lot of sites; some chick holding a rocket. I love to point it out my boyfriend, and tease him that the model is what he really wants to buy. ^_^ They do the same thing with microphones, its really funny.

A rocket is sort of a phallic symbol so there is something to a hot girl posing with one to sell them. My wife made the connection at our first launch without knowing about Sheri.

A rocket is sort of a phallic symbol so there is something to a hot girl posing with one to sell them. My wife made the connection at our first launch without knowing about Sheri.

I know, he likes to deny it out of respect towards women. I just laugh at him. ^_^ With the microphone adds; they show a woman screaming into a mic, with it very close to her mouth. All of the girls I work with think this is so funny. But, it sells. I think this is one reason why all but one of my rockets are shaped like jets. ^_^

What about a customer like me, who paid for a kit from Sheri's Hot Rockets back in January of 2010 and never received the kit. No reply's to emails after 45 days when paypal time limit has expired.

Try pinging Red Arrow. I've had nothing but good service from them and the owner might make it right. It doesn't hurt to ask but be polite. ;)

Just talked to Dave. He just finished a run of Little Joes and has them for sale. Not on his web site yet but call him (1-269-429-8233). He is looking for feedback in case there are changes to be made. What a concept. Make rockets before selling them.
Mr. Bob
Starlight Dude

Hmmmmm.......since Scott won't sell me a 1/24th Gemini capsule and 5 inch tube for scratch building....maybe Dave should do the Gemini Titan next......:)

I built the uber heavy Mercury Atlas.....flew nice on an H128 (nothing less!)

Hmmmmm.......since Scott won't sell me a 1/24th Gemini capsule and 5 inch tube for scratch building....maybe Dave should do the Gemini Titan next......:)

I built the uber heavy Mercury Atlas.....flew nice on an H128 (nothing less!)

Move back to Maryland and we'll talk :p.

Back