Re-designed Dr. Zooch Ares I is here!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I have everything to make the kit- I just need the time to write the instructions- and I likely won't have that until after the first of next year. :(

Originally posted by Dr.Zooch
Actually I have everything to make the kit- I just need the time to write the instructions- and I likely won't have that until after the first of next year. :(

Hum... next year ?

Lets all take up a collection and hire Dr. Zooch a Tech Writer :D

Art recommended:

"Lets all take up a collection and hire Dr. Zooch a Tech Writer."

I'm Up!

I can have them by the first of October...

Chas

Originally posted by Medaforce649
How long does it take to put a kit on the market?

I'll be happy to address that one, because folks often ask that. Normally it's between 4 months and a year for all sorts of reasons. Look at the set of instructions for any of your Dr. Zooch kits... I write and fully illustrate all of the instructions myself. Then there's design, test flying, designing and ordering custom balsa parts as well as doing the wrap sheets- so the answer is... it takes a good while. The problem is, the back-log of up and coming kits and the priority that has to be given to each. That priority is always shifting as new factors come into play. Currently, a new order from a VERY special retailer has come in for a new kit (the name of which has not been mentioned in public by me as of yet) and that kit will have the highest priority. It will be followed by Sputnik, then Mercury Atlas as the current line-up is no going. Currently the next kit to actually appear will be the Juno II (because it is all ready to go- it just needs to be boxed up.) Also, keep in mind that we have a new born baby in the house, plus, that this same house will soon be torn down and totally rebuilt- so we have to move twice this year (out, then back in)So these little personal dittys cause additional production delays. Oh, yeah... and also... I just found out today that I'll probably have to go under the knife on both knees this year to repair 30 year old hockey damage. So that makes for additional delays. So, in all, the Dr. Zooch 2007 new kit production season is looking about as good as NASA's 2007 Space Shuttle season :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dr.Zooch
I'll be happy to address that one, because folks often ask that. Normally it's between 4 months and a year for all sorts of reasons. Look at the set of instructions for any of your Dr. Zooch kits... I write and fully illustrate all of the instructions myself. Then there's design, test flying, designing and ordering custom balsa parts as well as doing the wrap sheets- so the answer is... it takes a good while. The problem is, the back-log of up and coming kits and the priority that has to be given to each. That priority is always shifting as new factors come into play. Currently, a new order from a VERY special retailer has come in for a new kit (the name of which has not been mentioned in public by me as of yet) and that kit will have the highest priority. It will be followed by Sputnik, then Mercury Atlas as the current line-up is no going. Currently the next kit to actually appear will be the Juno II (because it is all ready to go- it just needs to be boxed up.) Also, keep in mind that we have a new born baby in the house, plus, that this same house will soon be torn down and totally rebuilt- so we have to move twice this year (out, then back in)So these little personal dittys cause additional production delays. Oh, yeah... and also... I just found out today that I'll probably have to go under the knife on both knees this year to repair 30 year old hockey damage. So that makes for additional delays. So, in all, the Dr. Zooch 2007 new kit production season is looking about as good as NASA's 2007 Space Shuttle season :rolleyes:
Keep your chin up Doc. I like your emphasis on quality so if it takes time there it is :)
Cheers
fred

Originally posted by Medaforce649
Does that mean less comics too?:D :D

Actually it probably means more comics, because I'll be chained to my desk and will have a good way to avoid my wife's ever growing list of "Honey-dos":p

Production of kits (i.e. tossing the parts into the boxes) will likely feel the pinch, but I may have more time for illustrating instructions.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/vQOJhp_OIM8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/vQOJhp_OIM8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Watch and Learn!!:D :D
This video was made by Wes Oleszewski aka Dr.Zooch:D :D

Back