Raven2 / 38mm Av-bay replacement battery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott S

Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase a backup / replacement battery for the G Force 3.7V battery that came with the Raven 2 and 38mm AV-Bay that I purchased. An internet search shows it discontinued and I'm in search of another that will fit the dimensions of the AV bay. Anyone have a current source for the G Force or a recommendation for an equal?

Thanks

I have an issue. I must order at a discount rate. I figure if I am going to order them, order 20 and save on shipping. N

I'm looking to purchase a backup / replacement battery for the G Force 3.7V battery that came with the Raven 2 and 38mm AV-Bay that I purchased. An internet search shows it discontinued and I'm in search of another that will fit the dimensions of the AV bay. Anyone have a current source for the G Force or a recommendation for an equal?

Thanks

These are the same battery configuration used in popular micro RC aircraft like the Eflight Blade MCPX and others. Any hobby store that carries RC models will have them in various capacity and C ratings. As far as chain stores go, Hobby Town USA has them. They run $5-6 dollars in the store but are typically higher dishcarge rated then the ones you see online for $1-2. There are many brands available. You can also go with a larger mAh capacity battery for longer life but realize it will have larger dimensions and you will want to make sure it still fits in the space you have alloted for the battery.

Also, you can buy connectors from vaious vendors to make your own wiring harnesses e.g. for charging or, with the Raven, for powering the altimeter if you are not using the PowerPerch or Featherweight AV bays. Here is what I ordered to make a charging harness for use with my existing chargers and for powering when the PowerPerch is too big.

Mouser 538-51047-0200 Molex 2 position housing
Mouser 538-50125-8000 Molex terminals

You solder the terminals onto your wires and then press them into the housings. You can also find premade pigtails on some of the hobby websites.

Last edited:
I ordered 20 from them and they came in 2 weeks.

Thanks for the reply Chuck.

I found those but they appear to be about 1/2" longer than the 130mAH. Do you know if it fits in the Featherweight 38mm Av bay? I was worried it would be to long to use the wood battery keeper provided with the kit. Figured it would fit without the wood keeper but worried it may pull out during flight.

These are the same battery configuration used in popular micro RC aircraft like the Eflight Blade MCPX and others. Any hobby store that carries RC models will have them in various capacity and C ratings. As far as chain stores go, Hobby Town USA has them. They run $5-6 dollars in the store but are typically higher dishcarge rated then the ones you see online for $1-2. There are many brands available. You can also go with a larger mAh capacity battery for longer life but realize it will have larger dimensions and you will want to make sure it still fits in the space you have alloted for the battery.

Also, you can buy connectors from vaious vendors to make your own wiring harnesses e.g. for charging or, with the Raven, for powering the altimeter if you are not using the PowerPerch or Featherweight AV bays. Here is what I ordered to make a charging harness for use with my existing chargers and for powering when the PowerPerch is too big.

Mouser 538-51047-0200 Molex 2 position housing
Mouser 538-50125-8000 Molex terminals

You solder the terminals onto your wires and then press them into the housings. You can also find premade pigtails on some of the hobby websites.

Thanks Neuport!

I like this option as an alternative as I use the Raven more often outside the 38mm Av bay than I do in it.

Thanks to everyone for the quick replys and great information.

You want the 130mAhr version.

The 160 mAhr version will still work with the Perch if you move the battery hold-down parts back.

Last edited:
You want the 130mAhr version.

The 160 mAhr version will still work with the Perch if you move the battery hold-down parts back.

I figured that out the hard way.....anyone need 10 of the 160mah batteries????

How much do you want with shipping? I will use them without the power perch.

How much do you want with shipping? I will use them without the power perch.
I've had a few people interested. The first PM can have them for $20.00 shipped.

---------SOLD------------

Last edited:
Back