RAM introduction

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome!
Tom Hanks Hello GIF

please get a mentor. YouTube can't teach you everything.
Safety has to be first and foremost. Diyng (or getting badly burnt) because you don't know ALL of the safety procedures is a real possibility.
Yes, it can be fun, educational and challenging, but I can't stress enough the need to get a mentor

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your certifications! Have you checked out the book Experimental Composite Propellant? The author is on this forum so you might be able to get an autographed copy :) .

Last edited:
Welcome aboard and congratulations on your certifications! Have you checked out the book Experimental Composite Propellant? The author is on this forum so you might be able to get an autographed cope :) .

You think @prfesser is some sort of celebrity or something?!? Shiesh.... ;)

Welcome, but remember that research or self made motor construction cannot be fully discussed on the open forum. We have a special place for that.

please get a mentor. YouTube can't teach you everything.
Safety has to be first and foremost. Diyng (or getting badly burnt) because you don't know ALL of the safety procedures is a real possibility.
Yes, it can be fun, educational and challenging, but I can't stress enough the need to get a mentor
I appreciate your concern. I don't use YouTube very much, preferring textbooks and computer software. I am a retired engineer that worked at the Naval Air Warfare center so am well versed in safety protocols and practices. I designed and built my Level 1 and 2 rocket that functioned exactly as predicted!! In truth though it was a bit heavier than predicted. One of the primary attraction of rocketry for me is the unlimited capacity for experimentation. I am working on a "return to origin" recovery system using a ram air canopy (which I also designed).

Latest posts

Back