R139:NAR S & T New Motor Certifications

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billspad

Reaction score
The following motor has been certified by NAR Standards & Testing for
general use as a Model Rocket Motor effective September 29, 2011.

Estes:

E12-0,4,6,8
24mm x 95mm
27.24 Newton-seconds Total Impulse
33.29 Newtons Peak Thrust
11.17 Newtons Average Thrust

Propellant mass: 35.9 grams

View attachment EstesE12.pdf

E12-0 to a E-9-8 = like a 6 sec. burn! goes forever.

I like the idea can't wait to see them in stores.

An E12 - cool.:cool:

I wonder if the E9's will be discontinued in favor of this new motor.

I would imagine it will all depend on whether people keep buying the E9s. If they do, its a fair bet that Estes will keep both around (after all, we do have both the B4 and B6 still, and Estes kept both the A3-4 and A10-3 - each really has a different function and are suited to certain tasks - the same as with the E9 vs the E12.

I'd have to run the sim, but the E12-0 might just have enough oomph that you could do an Interceptor E kit bash of the Pleides two stager:

https://www.spacemodeling.org/JimZ/est1910.htm

It's too heavy for a D12-0 to lift, but the E12-0 might just do the job! Wouldn't THAT be cool!

Yay! They are finally certified. Can't wait to try them. I too hope the E9's are hear to stay. I wonder if they use the white plugs?

It's too heavy for a D12-0 to lift, but the E12-0 might just do the job! Wouldn't THAT be cool!
If it's too heavy for a D12, it will probably be too heavy for an E12. Very similar thrust curves for the first second.

Rocketjunkie said:
If it's too heavy for a D12, it will probably be too heavy for an E12. Very similar thrust curves for the first second.

If one won't do, try two!

And that won't work, use an E30.

Back