• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold R-DAS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hardline

Ecstatic and Joyous
Reaction score
Wayco and I were cleaning out the cupboards in the Rocket Room and I found this box labelled "R-DAS". Picked it up from the big estate sale. It is 1999 technology so I am thinking it does not have great value.

Instead of just pitching it out does anybody want it for the cost of shipping?rdas.jpg

found a bag of Xavien timers - which I believe are no longer acceptable devices under the current Tripoli code:

xavien.jpg

In spite of the sincere inspection form for an RDAS altimeter, I don't see one. I do see various bits for the GPS system and telemetry.

You probably need to sort things out a bit. I see several wire harnesses for Adept altimeters in the third picture (multi-color wire and brownish connector shells). Plus that Adept software 5.25" floppy disk in the first.

It is not a pile of junk. If there is no other interest, I will certainly take the RDAS GPS stuff. Plus whatever else falls in the box. :)

And an original RDAS finally makes an appearance. Big PCB with square socketed chip on the left. Those were fairly unique in having current limited igniter outputs. The board just to the right has the appearance of being some sort of RDAS expansion board.

If you want to give away the Ozark and Gwiz altimeter stuff for just the cost of shipping, I would love to take them.

If you want to give away the Ozark and Gwiz altimeter stuff for just the cost of shipping, I would love to take them.

Be aware that I don't know if they even work. I got them in an estate sale and they have been in my cupboard for a couple of years.

PM your address and I'll get a box together for you.

Is there something preventing the xavien "timers" from being used for air starts with a time of zero? Is there a requirement for tilt sensing or similar even in that case? And if there is you can use a separate tilt sensor to cut the circuit...

Is there something preventing the xavien "timers" from being used for air starts with a time of zero? Is there a requirement for tilt sensing or similar even in that case? And if there is you can use a separate tilt sensor to cut the circuit...
They use a g-switch/mercury switch as part of the design, that might be part of it.

If I'm not mistaken, that's an RDAS on top of the G-Wiz manual in one of the later pictures.

Got the items packed up for the various folks who wanted them and am sending Wayco out this morning to UPS them. Will PM the tracking numbers when he gets back. Thanks for your patience, I've been putting out work fires AND attending a multi day launch at TRA/PHX.

Back