Question for folks in the Raleigh NC area

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idunno

Reaction score
I'm new to the triangle and am having trouble finding suitable launch sites. Bloody trees are everywhere around here! I'm not shooting for anything crazy, but I'd love to set off something bigger than a little estes rocket without having to drive 3-4 hours to Charlotte or Orangeberg. Is there anywhere closer to safely launch some mid-power sutff? Are there any closer events? Thanks!

I launched my first rocket (Estes Alpha III and starter kit) from Memorial Stadium in Durham, where my mother is from. But you can only really do low power over there... There used to be a Triangle Area club but I don't believe it's still together. There is the Bayboro Tripoli site down east a couple hours as well. Small club as I understand but you can fly up to M at least. Check with Jim Scarpine.

My folks just moved back up to Raleigh from the Charlotte area--it is very woody, as is all of the piedmont. Try scoping out Creedmoor Rd towards the Falls Lake recreation area maybe too, lots of country out that way...and trees:/

Charlotte's not too far, though. You can get there in 2.75hrs if you get it! We have a nice little field that supports up to Ks, so long as the crops are out. We're hoping to have our season opening launch this weekend.

www.rocketrycarolina.org

Back