Mazda Creates The Holy Grail Of Gasoline Engines - HCCI

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem with mixing the air and gas before going into the cylinder is the explosiveness of the mix. An intake full of a homogenious mix can detonate, and a half a cubic foot of mix is several sticks of dynamite.

The problem with mixing the air and gas before going into the cylinder is the explosiveness of the mix. An intake full of a homogenious mix can detonate, and a half a cubic foot of mix is several sticks of dynamite.

Oh Wait, the standard carburetor of days old mixes gas and air and turns it into atomized vapor that gets pulled into the cylinder on the 6-8 port intake manifold that just happens to be sucking vapor in it's cycle before deflagrating it.

Nothing in a Ice engine detonates with a super sonic blast wave

Did a quick Google search and found my personal Holy Grail of petrol engines... 😆

Tyson Garvin 12 rotor Wankel.

View attachment 588168

That's 498 horsepower at 3300 RPM.

That'll do, Pig. That'll do.

View attachment 588169
I love me some wacky/strange/ different engines, so that’s why I love me I5s, and Wankels. So I really wanna hear that 12 rotor scream like a dentist drill!

On another note, my parents have a 2021 Mazda CX-9 with the Skyactiv-G (2.5L Turbo 4), and we’ve just had problems after problem with it. Such as recently random very large oil leaks (only have 30k on it so far). And it randomly just going into limp mode, and amongst some other random things here and there. It also looks like the Skyactiv-X hasn’t faired all to well…

Back