Quest - Future Launch Vehicle (FLV)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
I wonder how hard it would be to add an altimeter display to the JLCR?
It already has an altimeter in it right?
Yes. A year ago/maybe two years ago I remember seeing a jolly logic item on the jon rocket website and I think it said it was a altimeter 4(coming soon) I noticed it is not on there anymore, but I think it was supposed to be a combination of the altimeter 3 and chute release, Bluetooth, etc to a android/apple smartphone, etc.

Yes. A year ago/maybe two years ago I remember seeing a jolly logic item on the jon rocket website and I think it said it was a altimeter 4(coming soon) I noticed it is not on there anymore, but I think it was supposed to be a combination of the altimeter 3 and chute release, Bluetooth, etc to a android/apple smartphone, etc.
Altimeter four prototype pic is still on their website, all the way on the right. It's just a very small altimeter, presumably competitive with the FlightSketch Mini (albeit in a JL-style plastic case).

A combo JLCR/altimeter has always seemed desirable, although you'd need to vent the main body compartment.

Thanks for posting. I have one still in the package. I opened it to see the parts. I didn't like the orange wrap, so I just put the kit away. Maybe let one grandson work on it.

Back