QT airframe

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biziedizie

Reaction score
So I'm thinking of having my X-calibur painted by a pro and was wondering what the best paint would be to use on this rocket. The paint guy is a buddy and he will spray it for free but he told me that he's never painted this type of tube. Is any automotive paint good for this or is there a special type of paint that he should use?
He does custom paint on guitars for a living and does some very cool work but as he told me he doesn't paint rockets everyday.
What exactly is the make up of QT tubes?

Steve

recently I painted a PML kit (Callisto) with some of that neat color-change paint. I think the brand was Mirage, $20 at the auto store. following directions for a change, I slightly roughed up the rocket before spraying, and the primer and paint turned out just great!!

on the one hand, PML poop-pipe and G10 fins sure turn out nice and smooth without any effort. on the other hand, by contrast every imperfection in your fillets and nose cone prep shows up!!

Back