Psionic Predator

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the vid and pics. Whats with the name "Daddy Faddle"?

Daddy Faddle is an upscale to the original "Fiddle Faddle" which was a really small over stable design. I discovered it worked best with a BT-50 airframe. You should build one. This site won't let me upload the file even in pdf format. Let me know if you're interested in building one. I can always email the plans.

No worries Scotty. We both took it the way it was intended, good natured ribbing. We just couldn't tell which of us it was intended for.

Lawrence
Glad to hear that. I would be interested in seeing some of your builds also.

Highschool sweethearts? Guess I wasnt too far off when I mentioned Thunder Road. It was Greased Lightnin' :D

Highschool sweethearts? Guess I wasnt too far off when I mentioned Thunder Road. It was Greased Lightnin' :D

Jr. High School actually and no, not the sweetheart brand of friends. We did have a lot of common interests and some not so common though. Those were the days when Hobby stores actually stocked any and all individual parts for rockets at a price to drool over today. We both had a passion for creating our own designs even in our earliest years in the hobby.

For the moment the sun is shining and I might get a chance to do that touch up painting on PP before the storms come.

Thats really cool. I still have friends from gradeschool (just turned 40) so I know how it is.

I would be interested in seeing some of your builds also.

Scotty,

Currently all my stuff is in storage. I just moved from Chicago to Georgia where I am building a home. Once the house is built and I'm settled into my new workshop, I'll share my stuff too. For the time being, all I can do to satisfy my rocketry addiction is to experience it vicariously through forums like this.

Lawrence

Scotty,

Currently all my stuff is in storage. I just moved from Chicago to Georgia where I am building a home. Once the house is built and I'm settled into my new workshop, I'll share my stuff too. For the time being, all I can do to satisfy my rocketry addiction is to experience it vicariously through forums like this.

Lawrence
Well,I hope its a rocket house.:D

Rocket house.jpg

With the exception of a little touch up paint in some hidey-holes, this bird is ready to fly. I reckon it's the nose cone, because this thing weighs 9.25 ounces w/o the laundry and motor. I really need to invest in some photo backdrops and a new camera. I really ain't liking my photos much. Anyhoo, here's a few to look at.

DSCF2609.JPG

DSCF2610.JPG

DSCF2611.JPG

DSCF2615.JPG

Thanks dood. Might get a chance to give it a maiden shot later in the week. The temps and humidity are spose to give us a break. A much deserved one at that. Hope my buddy Bill is up for it. He's got about the only good place to fly. I have quite a few that need to be launched and videoed.

Gary,
It is amazing how much the last little bit of black trim has pulled this bird together. The tubing detail around the motor tube looks terrific (what a smart idea!)

Gary,
It is amazing how much the last little bit of black trim has pulled this bird together. The tubing detail around the motor tube looks terrific (what a smart idea!)

I have you to thank for that LW. Our last ph conversation was the ticket. Opened up doors I hadn't considered. I just hope it flies as well.

@LW...D-12 would prolly be the best 1st option with that weight.
@Terry... An upscale would require a longer lathe than what I have. I nearly maxed mine out, (give or take an inch or so). The NC is 9" long including what fits inside the airframe.

Back