Programing Marsa

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmhepworth

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Marsa 33 with a tilt unit that I hope to use in a 2-stage 3” Darkstar at Airfest. All I have is the manual for the Marsa 54 and can’t find any documentation for the 33 or the tilt. Can someone either point me to the right place or help me program it. I think I have it figured out, but I’d like more confidence than I have right now.

I apparently like to do things the hard way. I plan to launch three 2-stage rockets at Airfest, with three different altimeters firing the sustainers: a tried and true Raven in one, a Proton in one, and a Marsa in the last one. The boosters have RRC3s in two and a Quantum in the other for separation charges.

Last edited:
I have a Marsa 33 with a tilt unit that I hope to use in a 2-stage 3” Darkstar at Airfest. All I have is the manual for the Marsa 54 and can’t find any documentation for the 33 or the tilt. Can someone either point me to the right place or help me program it. I think I have it figured out, but I’d like more confidence than I have right now.

I apparently like to do things the hard way. I plan to launch three 2-stage rockets at Airfest, with three different altimeters firing the sustainers: a tried and true Raven in one, a Proton in one, and a Marsa in the last one. The boosters have RRC3s in two and a Quantum in the other for separation charges.
The Marsa33 is identical function wise to the Marsa54L. The tilt instructions were on a webpage that got corrupted, let me see if I can get it back up.

Here are some useful old urls.
For tilt instructions: http://3.14.143.134/index.php/gadgets/marsa-gyro1-tilt-module
For general tech info go to the tech info menu from here: http://3.14.143.134/
Thanks. Exactly what I needed. And this confirmed that my programing was right. I’ve only used it once and the sustainer didn’t fire because I didn’t have a long enough wire and my effort to extend the wire didn’t work. This time I have a 10 foot wire on the starter, so that won’t happen again. Thanks again.

Hello.
I just got my Marsa33 and it starts up fine here in El Paso, Tx. Elevation 3700'~.
I had planned to use it for the first time up in Alamosa, Colorado at 7500'~.
But when I started it up in Alamosa I got a "Sensor Fault" so I decided not to fly.
Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hello.
I just got my Marsa33 and it starts up fine here in El Paso, Tx. Elevation 3700'~.
But when I started it up in Alamosa I got a "Sensor Fault" so I decided not to fly.
If he doesn’t respond here, send a PM to @jderimig

Hello.
I checked my (old) code. A ground level reading of 7500' is interpreted as a possible bad sensor. If you are confortable in upgrading firmware in MarsaConnect I can give you an fw that will fix that. PM me and we will discuss how to resolve your issue.

I checked my (old) code. A ground level reading of 7500' is interpreted as a possible bad sensor. If you are confortable in upgrading firmware in MarsaConnect I can give you an fw that will fix that. PM me and we will discuss how to resolve your issue.
Sounds great! Thanks!

Hello!
I hope your weekend is going well.
How do I download the firmware file?
The MarsaConnect program says I'm current.

Hello!
I hope your weekend is going well.
How do I download the firmware file?
The MarsaConnect program says I'm current.
I need first to compile a fix, test it and email it to you. Give me another day or so. This will be a "custom" job, then general release as build27.

Back