Pro-54/1g

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandog

Reaction score
Does anyone know what reloads are available for the Pro-54/1G case? There is nothing about that case even existing on the website. I own one I won in a raffle so I know it is real I just dont know what reloads are made for it. I know I could call my dealer and ask but I thought I'd see if anyone here knew first.

Sure there is....right on AT site.... in the catalog page 16...These loads... I-115-W , I 117 FJ, I -215 R, I229 B and I 599 Warp.

I have flown 3 of the loads in my Gizmo. They are pretty cool

Does anyone know what reloads are available for the Pro-54/1G case? There is nothing about that case even existing on the website. I own one I won in a raffle so I know it is real I just dont know what reloads are made for it. I know I could call my dealer and ask but I thought I'd see if anyone here knew first.

I can't find any references on the 'net to a Pro54-1G case or Pro54-1G reloads. Are you sure that is what you have?

-- Roger

A PRO 54 is a CTI case. The smallest case they currently sell reloads for is a 2G case.
I assure you it's not. After finding nothing about it on the net I went back and double checked and sure enough it is a 1G. Looks like a soda can. Must be new.

I assure you it's not. After finding nothing about it on the net I went back and double checked and sure enough it is a 1G. Looks like a soda can. Must be new.

And yet another in the chain of disbelieving questions... You're positive it's 54mm, not 38mm?

John

Yep. When I get home I'll take a picture for everyone...Seeing is believing.

What color is it? Sure it's not a Rouse-Tech or AT 1 grain 54mm? Well this is called the "SODA" can hardware. The 54mm 426 hardware below. Now before anyone says something about the case labeled as "427". That's because mine's a "SS". Actually they are labeled wrong.

100_1491.jpg

100_1492.jpg

What color is it? Sure it's not a Rouse-Tech or AT 1 grain 54mm? Well this is called the "SODA" can hardware. The 54mm 426 hardware below. Now before anyone says something about the case labeled as "427". That's because mine's a "SS". Actually they are labeled wrong.

:lol: Mine is labeled as a '427' as well!!! #0038 03-08...What's an "SS" Jim?

What is the length of the motor case. If it is ~9 inches, then it is a 2g case and it is mislabeled. You can check the lengths on CTI's website. If it is smaller than 9 inches, I'm not sure what you have.

I found these Aerotech 54/426 reloads.

RMS-54/426 I115W 412 N-sec 219 g 545 g S, M, L
RMS-54/426 I117FJ 361 N-sec 243 g 566 g S, M, L
RMS-54/426 I215R 399 N-sec 208 g 527 g S, M, L
RMS-54/426 I229T 407 N-sec 196 g 514 g S, M, L
RMS-54/426 I599N** 410 N-sec 186 g 505 g plugged

That looks like a Rouse-tech case and not a Pro/54 CTI case.

I didn't post that picture.

I found these Aerotech 54/426 reloads.

RMS-54/426 I115W 412 N-sec 219 g 545 g S, M, L
RMS-54/426 I117FJ 361 N-sec 243 g 566 g S, M, L
RMS-54/426 I215R 399 N-sec 208 g 527 g S, M, L
RMS-54/426 I229T 407 N-sec 196 g 514 g S, M, L
RMS-54/426 I599N** 410 N-sec 186 g 505 g plugged

That is great, but not real helpfull, I was asking about a CTI case not AT.

I'm sure it is a CTI (kinda hard to mistake for any other brand) I'm sure it is 54mm and I'm sure it is labled as a 1grain. I do not know if it is misslabled but it seems odd that no one wuld notice the stickers said it was something that didn't exist. I will measure it when I get home.

okay I just re-read the previous post and I kinda sounded like an a-hole. Not my intention was meant as a friendly poke, hope nobody took it the wrong way.

I think I did read somewhere that CTI did make and test a Pro54 1 grain motor but it didn't list a designation. However, I would imagine that it would be an I something.

I'd love to see a Pro54 single grain Smokey Sam, that would be a pretty sweet motor.

I can't remember where I read this as it was quite a long time ago.;)

I'd love a v-max and or Red Lightning reload for it too!!!

A CTI 54/1G, that's interesting. My only thought is go to CTI's website and use their contact form to ask them about the case and any plans they have for it.

Okay here is a pic of the lable and a ruler for scale (yes the ruler is numbered backward, it is a lefty ruler)
Yours is 6" long. It was stated elsewhere it may be mis-labelled, but the 2G case is 9" long, so it appears you do indeed have some sort of rarity. Doug

pro54-dims.GIF

so I'll take that aw a no...Nobody knows what reloads are available...

so I'll take that aw a no...Nobody knows what reloads are available...
My take is that no reloads are available for the 1G case.

I guess you could munge your own by removing a grain from a 2G load and cutting the liner down, but you have to address whether the nozzle is suitable. (OB: Keep in mind this wouldn't be certified.)

What I think really happens with stuff like this is that the impulse range of the 1G/54 overlaps with the 38mm offering to the extent that there's not enough differentiation resulting in too little demand for the 1G/54. The bottom line is you've ended up with an orphan case.

Doug

This is a new casing/product. It is indeed a Pro54-1G casing. Reloads will be available as soon as they are certified.

Jeroen

This is a new casing/product. It is indeed a Pro54-1G casing. Reloads will be available as soon as they are certified.

Jeroen

Jeroen,
Thanks for the info! Guess Ill just have to anxioulsy wate for them to hit the market.
Scott

Okay here is a pic of the lable and a ruler for scale (yes the ruler is numbered backward, it is a lefty ruler)

That is very cool. I need to see what reloads they made for it.
Hmmm. Well, My inclination is to buy the 54mm AT Soda can casing and use it for the AT "AND" the CTI reload. Even better. Yeah! My guess is that there are more "certs" for that if not immediately, then eventually.

Len Bryan

Back