Post A Pic That's Sad But True...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot_20220115-221821_Facebook.jpg

True story, it was an exciting day when a Casey's opened up in the town I used to work in when I was on a 911 truck. We finally had a place to grab a meal after 9pm if we were running all day.

When my HP48 dies, I may have to retire. It has the most perfect buttons, no one else has even come close. And the RPN is sufficiently strange that no one under 30 can use it.
My dad had one of those. I bet that if I scrounge around I can find it, and figure it out if I fiddle with it a bit.

Or pay a visit to the Google!

The US infant mortality rate is about 6 per 1000 live births, putting us near the bottom. But the reason we are relatively lower than most countries is in the way we define live births. Most countries do not count premature babies weighing less than a pound as a live birth. The US does. That is the main driver for the relative high infant mortality rate.

Sorry no way. This essentially says our birth survival rate is around 30%. I call BS

Hmm - I don;t think you are interpreting the graph correctly, but I also believe it has errors and is presented in a way to distort information.

I only looked for a few items after a quick google search.
Life expectancy at Birth - The chart shows the US between Latvia and Japan. When I did a search, I saw Latvia number is 75.73, Japan is 85.03, and US is 79.11 years. It puts the US a little below halfway. BUT - Latvia was 85 on the list of countries. The Central African Republic is 193 on the list with an expected life of 54.36 years. So the chart makes the US look bad by ignoring over 100 other countries with lower life expediencies.

Infant Mortality. US 6.2 deaths per 1000 live births. Now here I am confused. The source I found showed Columbia at 18.9 but Estonia at only 7.3, so still lower than the US. The source I found showed Singapore as best with only 2.3 and Angola at a whooping 180.2. This chart has well over 200 countries listed and again ignores over 60 countries worse than Columbia.

Sort of reminds me of the old joke from the Space Race (after Apollo 11). Russia claimed they were #2 while the US came in next to last....

where is this? What project?
California's "High-Speed" rail that is supposed to run between San Francisco and Los Angeles via Fresno, Modesto, Merced and Bakersfield etc.
They are years behind schedule, billions over budget and they have virtually nothing to show for it.
The "Plans" to get from Gilroy to the central valley over/under the Diablo Mts. are pure fantasy at best but they are at least better than the "Plans" to get over the Tehachapi Mts.

Last edited:
Back