Post A Pic That's Sad But True...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oY7HSsv.jpg

Last edited:
Do you believe everything on the internet?

Well, technically it is a real label, but.....

It's a JOKE, by the company that made the clothing.
Read with a mental image of a voice dripping in sarcasm....

NO! Really??? I hadn't thought of that! Wow! My Mind's Blown!!!

Turn off sarcasm now. Please be aware that my sense of humor has a strong vein of snark running through it.

However, it really is amazing how mindbogglingly stupid some people we share this planet really are. People who deny very basic science premises such as how a greenhouse works... You know the ones who say "I'll only be a minute, it'll be perfectly safe", and don't think twice about locking another soul who lacks the judgement, or ability to open windows (or doors) from inside an automobile on a sunny day with temperatures that exceed 90F (while the car is in direct sunlight), and then will disappear for hours on end doing their own selfish things. Now I know why Neil deGrasse Tyson says that the movie "Don't Look Up" is more like a documentary, than fiction.

Last edited:
Hey Guy's,

This pic is sad but true and still is one of my rocketry learning curve moments.

The remove before flight flag dangling as a K-550W takes flight, enough said, LOL.
View attachment 459727

You built a scale MGM-140 ATACMS?? Love it!
What are the dimensions??
The K-550W almost makes it look real. Mine flew on a blue thunder and was not dramatic at all.

Hi Layne,

It's 54" tall x 7.5" in diameter. After the first failed flight I built another and it's been successfully flying ever since. It's glassed PML tubing and G10 fins with a fabricated tailcone.

IMG_1955.JPG

I now use a larger "remove before flight" flag with better results, lol.

IMG_2589.JPG

Here's the rebuild on another AT K-550W

mgm-140.jpg

Phil

Dang, Sooner.........take care of yourself.......hope you're up and around soon.

at my place of work, we use a lotof 1/4-20 hardware.. and despite a lab with 9 guys in it, you can never find a 9/16" wrench, socket, driver, spanner, etc..
Same here, but most of our stuff uses 3/8. We do bigger and smaller, but the tools for the most common seem to be lost the most quickly, especially if the user doesn't purchase them.
You 2 guys need to get together- 9/16" wrenches are appropriate for 3/8" diameter fasteners. 1/4-20 would use 7/16" wrenches.
(Maybe this is appropriate for the sad but true theme.)

Back