Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nickel has a remarkable bleaching effect on alloys. Below are images of various copper alloys. Top to bottom are pure copper, brass approximately 67 to 75% copper and 25 to 33% zinc, copper-silver alloys of various proportions, and a US nickel coin. The coin is 75% copper, and is bleached out by the 25% nickel content.

View attachment 644697

View attachment 644696

View attachment 644698
View attachment 644700
Wrong thread. This was supposed to be a random nerdy fact.

Don't be the reason for a safety down day...

View attachment 644834
It is one thing to be the reason for a safety meeting, but it is more of an honor to get your name on a new policy. I'm only speaking hypothetically here, nothing about overheating a firetruck pump, cracking a heat shield and melting part of a road.

It is one thing to be the reason for a safety meeting, but it is more of an honor to get your name on a new policy. I'm only speaking hypothetically here, nothing about overheating a firetruck pump, cracking a heat shield and melting part of a road.

In high school, I was part of an organization that had as an unofficial goal for the annual regional convention that each year, there should be a new rule in the rule book based on something we thought up the year before, but that nobody got in actual trouble for. A workable definition of shenanigans, I reckon.

In high school, I was part of an organization that had as an unofficial goal for the annual regional convention that each year, there should be a new rule in the rule book based on something we thought up the year before, but that nobody got in actual trouble for. A workable definition of shenanigans, I reckon.
I'm the reason for one rule here where I work, but not a safety rule. It's a rule about check-in when returning a rental car to our on-site satellite Hertz lot. It's a result of the time that the guard at the shack, who handles the cars for Hertz, handed someone the key to the car I'd just returned and I was nearly arrested when Hertz reported the car stolen.

Back