Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still have Mum's good scissors, in the drawer in my workshop.

My Mom's Singer etched scissors would pierce Unicron's core.

In the deepest, darkest basement, if picked up, it would glint a shard of light into your eyes and Soul, showing you a destiny that you could accept or deny:

"Put me back" or "look into the Abyss".

Last edited:
I guess Londoners don't see the sun enough. They made a death ray by making a concave mirrored skyscraper, too. Temperatures up to 117C on the street below...

https://www.mylondon.news/news/nostalgia/iconic-london-skyscraper-created-solar-20433372
This just keeps getting funnier. From that article:
Perhaps most incredibly, the architect responsible Rafael Viñoly had experienced the exact same issue previously when designing the Vdara hotel in Las Vegas which had its own death ray.
and then looking at the wikipedia article on the Vdara:
Hotel employees and news outlets referred to the phenomenon as the "death ray", while management preferred the term "solar convergence".
maybe in the next 007 movie Bond will blow one of these up.

OK, I'll try again. I've always liked optical illusions, etc. like stereograms.

Hans.
This one is kinda fun.
You need a room with at least one well lit blank white wall

Go full screen and star at the star in the lower right corner for 30 seconds, then stare at the middle of a blank white wall.
1713280572659.jpeg

Last edited:
Not to be satisfied with just photos, Mom produced movies like this. And several of her own eye peering into the business end of the movie camera.
She’s not alone

1713281457467.png
U.S. Navy recently released a photograph on social media showing a sailor firing his M-4 aboard a ship. No doubt some public relations officer thought the picture looked great—a fit and ready sailor shooting his rifle, with spent cartridges flying. A perfect picture for a recruitment catalog, except for one crucial detail: the rifle’s scope—which the sailor appears to be looking through—is mounted backwards, and its lens covers appear to be closed.

She’s not alone

View attachment 640906
U.S. Navy recently released a photograph on social media showing a sailor firing his M-4 aboard a ship. No doubt some public relations officer thought the picture looked great—a fit and ready sailor shooting his rifle, with spent cartridges flying. A perfect picture for a recruitment catalog, except for one crucial detail: the rifle’s scope—which the sailor appears to be looking through—is mounted backwards, and its lens covers appear to be closed.

I saw a comment elsewhere that that is actually the commander of the U.S.S. John McCain.

This just keeps getting funnier. From that article:
Perhaps most incredibly, the architect responsible Rafael Viñoly had experienced the exact same issue previously when designing the Vdara hotel in Las Vegas which had its own death ray.
And that, kids, is why architecture should not be practiced by artists. (I have two cousins with Architecture degrees from MIT.)

Back