Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend of mine's brother had a roo jump onto his car roof, denting his roof and breaking the windscreen. He was driving on the side of a hill and the roo was going downhill across his track. Roo kept going. True story. So watch out for roos from above.
This story sounds like a ruse.

Back story: Near me, in the town where I grew up, Akron, Ohio, is the University of Akron. Their teams are known as the Akron Zips. Their mascot is Zippy, the kangaroo. Thus the logo, "fear the Roo."
winnie the pooh disney GIF

To be fair, I have heard about how dangerous they can be.

Back story: Near me, in the town where I grew up, Akron, Ohio, is the University of Akron. Their teams are known as the Akron Zips. Their mascot is Zippy, the kangaroo. Thus the logo, "fear the Roo."
I thought the only thing you had to fear on Ohio college campuses was the National Guard.

I thought the only thing you had to fear on Ohio college campuses was the National Guard.
That's still a sensitive subject in these parts. One of the city councilmen in the town my wife grew up in was one of the students who were shot.

Kent State is a BIG school, so even generations later, all the students (on the main campus) can tell you where the memorials are (that they walk past every day) and when the annual service of remembrance happens.

And the training for every national guardsman, in all fifty states, changed because of it.

That's still a sensitive subject in these parts. One of the city councilmen in the town my wife grew up in was one of the students who were shot.

Kent State is a BIG school, so even generations later, all the students (on the main campus) can tell you where the memorials are (that they walk past every day) and when the annual service of remembrance happens.

And the training for every national guardsman, in all fifty states, changed because of it.
I know. I have in-laws who live up that way and a niece who graduated from Kent.

I suspect this may be faked, but then again I've dealt with some awfully...uninformed...students.***

1680637892194.png

***Anecdote, don't read unless you're bored. This one will stay with me till I shuffle off the mortal coil:

I gave the incoming students in CHE 101, Consumer Chemistry, a multiple-choice quiz just to see where they are on simple science. This is an almost entirely non-mathematical course, less challenging than almost any high school chemistry course (and most middle-school physical science courses). AKA "Chemistry for Poets and Football Players". Sadly, it satisfies a *university* science requirement for non-science-related curricula. Anyway...

One of the questions: "About how much carbon dioxide is formed when a gallon of gasoline is burned?" A. an ounce; B. a pound; C. 20 pounds; D. 100 pounds.

A student raised her hand with a question. "Yes?"

"I don't understand. I didn't know you could measure carbon dioxide that way."

She didn't know that matter has mass. It weighs *something*. I think I learned that around 4th or 5th grade...
But I'm sure she's fine. She said she was a witch and could cast spells. Yes, really. :rolleyes: :facepalm: :barf:

I worked with a guy who said he was one of the National Guard troops there that day. I don't think he was one of the guys that fired. He said that he was scared s***less as he marched toward the students. It helps to remember that there are at least two sides to every story.

Back