Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be sure to tip the barber:

$26.99 for watermelons!?:

DvsHPnqWsAgSELu.jpg

She sure is enthusiastic about that cucumber. Must have a great salad recipe.

Speaking of a rough day....

48430047_10218527336753508_1746990471772635136_n.jpg
It's a fixed rudder that stabilized the craft's path through the water. You can still apply a steering torque from the bow.
Been there. How many times have I measured, taped, remeasured, made direction marks, sanded, wrote myself a note to not screw it up, then glued the part in backwards despite all that? Sigh.
My personal motto is "Measure twice, cut once, curse lots, do it over."

As I understand the premise, "Birdbox" is a movie where people have to walk around blindfolded to avoid peril.

The picture several messages back where the blindfold was replaced by a rubber band would appear to be in very bad taste, as to me it comes across as a "slanty eye joke" which is not funny. The use of a rubber band as a super thin blindfold, suggesting Asians have narrow eyes and making fun of it, is a clear violation of our rules.

Hopefully I misinterpreted the joke. I haven't reported the post yet, in hopes that there is a more charitable and less offensive explanation for that picture.

Anyone?

As I understand the premise, "Birdbox" is a movie where people have to walk around blindfolded to avoid peril.

The picture several messages back where the blindfold was replaced by a rubber band would appear to be in very bad taste, as to me it comes across as a "slanty eye joke" which is not funny. The use of a rubber band as a super thin blindfold, suggesting Asians have narrow eyes and making fun of it, is a clear violation of our rules.

Hopefully I misinterpreted the joke. I haven't reported the post yet, in hopes that there is a more charitable and less offensive explanation for that picture.

Anyone?
Based on this new information, I agree, whole heartedly. ( I didn't know the reference)

Anyone?

I was thinking the same thing, but also admit to not understanding the birdbox reference. I also think the post should be pulled. Maybe it already has been , since I can't seem to find it.

Dv1FJYNXcAAWDiF.jpg

---------------------------------------------------- Ba-dump-tch! -----------------------------------------------------------

DvylOI_XgAAvVB3.jpg

DvxQ3kCWkAY-DVl.jpg

45647660475_16c6e3e655_o.png

Trunk Monkey:

CaptionContest.JPG
This looks staged but I swear this was not staged at all. There is a story behind it that makes me LOL. These are my two oldest boys when they were younger. Their little brother saw me loading a rocket motor in another rocket and when I was out at the flightline he proceeded to "Load" what he thought were motors in this model. I came back later, loaded it up and tried to fly it only to have it bury itself as you see.

His motors were actually a bunch of AA batteries so when it launched it was WAY too heavy.

When I got to the crash site it was exactly as you see it. Nothing has been moved. My wife took the pic.

The oldest on the right was saying "Dad's going to be mad" and the one on the left was saying "Hey! I found another sticker!"

I told her we should use it for a caption contest.

I'm sure many of you have seen this kind of meme before. But.... there's a new twist....

BTW - extra points to anyone who knows instantly who the guy at the blackboard was, without cheating to look it up or asking. You didn't have to fly in a rocket or test one to be brave - quite a story, and somewhat of a voice in the wilderness...... :)
49895282_1265737530231763_5307602013234659328_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back