Post a photo of your recently completed project(s)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSNW

Reaction score
So I hear "It is the winter build season" a lot. In fact, I tend to have something on my bench at any given time....But this year....it is kind of funny....HAVE been doing a fair amount of building this Winter....more than usual.

So here we go. I just finished another rocket and thought it would be fun if we all posted some of our recently completed projects. I hope to see your creations!! I look forward to it. I will post the photos as soon as I find my camera.....

Andrew

Last edited:
Behold...The Estes Centuri. I call it the "Big-Little Rocket". This model was a real fun build. I did leave out the small tail cone and used the new screw on 18mm retainer. I always disliked the engine hooks. I did pick up another one to modify for a 24mm mount to use D12's. This kit was a surprise...seemed like a little model rocket until it came together...it has some presence. It will be nice and slow on C6's...cant wait! I really recommend this kit. Fun build and GREAT decals.

IMG_2480.JPG

IMG_2481.JPG

Last edited:
That's the second model I built after becoming a BAR. Still really like it. It is indeed a bit slow on a C6 (slower than I would like, to be honest); next time I fly it will be with a QJet C12 or D16.

The Interceptor-D....YEP...I finally did it. I made a standard Interceptor and put a 24mm motor tube in it. A friend did the Roc-Sim (on YORF) and he told me I needed 14g of clay in the nose to be ship shape. The motor tube sticks out a little and was painted with high-temp grill paint. I will friction fit D12-5's. I finished this in NOVEMBER and have not launched it yet! As soon as I get a chance....it will be first on the pad.

IMG_2483.JPG

IMG_2484.JPG

IMG_2485.JPG

Last edited:
That's the second model I built after becoming a BAR. Still really like it. It is indeed a bit slow on a C6 (slower than I would like, to be honest); next time I fly it will be with a QJet C12 or D16.

Thanks for the heads-up Neil! I think I will pass on the C6 and go straight to Q-Jets or use a precious 18mm D10-W

My Wife got me this little kit for Christmas...launches on the mighty A10. It was a fun build. Anybody know how much weight I would need in the nose if I put a 18mm motor mount and went with a C6?....I bet a lot!!
Anyway...I also cant wait to launch this little guy...

IMG_2482.JPG

Last edited:
Okay one more...I have not launched this one yet. My wife also purchased this for me this Winter. I decided to use a spare 3" section of tubing (same as Pro-Series) and extend this kit a little. The Yellow section is removable and is friction fit on a polyurethane - saturated coupler. This way if I suffer a lawn dart, I simply pull off the yellow section and paint and replace. I dont think I will have any troubles as the Pro-Series Leviathon (sp?) has the same cone and I also have never had any issues with last Big Daddy. I also used the 24mm screw-on retainer. The inside is sealed with polyurethane and has a Kevar shock-cord mount. Fun times....

IMG_2487.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads-up Neil! I think I will pass on the C6 and go straight to Q-Jets or use a precious 18mm D10-W
Don't get me wrong, it flies OK on the C6, but weathercocks a bit and I would hope that the QJets would get it going a little faster.

Beautiful job on all these finished models!

I hope you all share some photos of your recent/winter builds!
Andrew

Don't get me wrong, it flies OK on the C6, but weathercocks a bit and I would hope that the QJets would get it going a little faster.

Beautiful job on all these finished models!

Thanks for your compliment Neil. If I get a calm/no wind day...I will try a C6. but it is rare where I live to have little or no winds. I think the Q-Jets would be better.....I just wish that they had a longer burn...
Andrew

Here's 4 that I've done over the last few weeks. I've got issues, lol. The first is a LOC kit and the other 3 are Rocketarium.20200106_190428.jpg 20200105_221417.jpg 20191226_152753.jpg 20191225_153234.jpg

What's a 'finished' build?

I suppose a build is never "done" but a work in progress. At some point it is "complete" and ready for launch.....but I have never been able to snatch the pebble from the master's hand and thus be ready to leave the temple.....

But this thread is not that philosophical, grasshopper...... :)

Concerning rockets, I don't have anything currently finished.

I suppose if I thought this through....I would have said something like "post a build in progress/finished photo".

It would be cool if you all likewise posted photos of works in progress....show us what your building now or "This Winter".....its all good..and interesting.
Andrew

Rich!
Wow!!!! Yea.....I thought Tyler builds a lot. IMPRESSIVE builds! I like each and every one. Very cool indeed. I love this....great stuff.
Andrew

Lol. And I thought I had the building bug bad, haha!

Hey Tyler...great stuff. I have to look more into the kits from Rocketarium...very sharp. I also remember something in a thread that you use airbrush acrylic. I would love to learn how you do it. Would be cool if you did a thread on how to airbrush rockets.
Andrew

Hey Tyler...great stuff. I have to look more into the kits from Rocketarium...very sharp. I also remember something in a thread that you use airbrush acrylic. I would love to learn how you do it. Would be cool if you did a thread on how to airbrush rockets.
Andrew

On my LOC Park-flier IRIS build I'll explain a little more about how I go about it. It's not a complicated color-scheme but good enough to show some basic technique.

Rich!
Wow!!!! Yea.....I thought Tyler builds a lot. IMPRESSIVE builds! I like each and every one. Very cool indeed. I love this....great stuff.
Andrew
Lol. And I thought I had the building bug bad, haha!
I wouldn't be too impress guys, the 10 just finished and 3 almost finished were 2 years from start to finish. A monster of a rocket called the Nuclear Sledgehammer took almost a years worth of my build time so until it was finished these collected dust. Being a board member of our club which has a small cadre of staff and busy launches cuts down on my flying time, last year I made 3 successful and 1 CATO flight iirc.

It would be cool if you all likewise posted photos of works in progress....show us what your building now or "This Winter".....its all good..and interesting.

It's way too early in the winter for me to have anything finished, but my Ultimate Skywriter build is in progress...
img_9559-jpg.402738

That looks very interesting Neil. Show more photos if you want. Do the fins slot in by the eraser end? Very cool!
Andrew

Oops....sorry Neil...just saw the link to your build thread....
Andrew

To everyone that's posted a picture on this thread....
STOP IT!!! ;)
You're making us (ME) feel so unworthy!!!

I'm not one that likes to stick with standard paint/stickers/decals and such...but...
WOW!!! AWESOME!!!
Again..WOW!!!

So I thought I would toss in a "Work in Progress" too! I know I can be long winded, so I will try and be brief (HA!).
So, you may know with my SLV and Geo-Sat build threads...that I like "real world" looking rockets. I hope Estes makes more of them. So with that in mind, I made this. It is a smaller version of one I made from a Pro-Series II Ventris.

It is based on BT-55 to BT60 tubes and the side pods are BT-20. The nose and transition are 3D printed from The Geo-Sat kit (Teflon-Rocketry on YORF) The side pod cones and nozzles are 3D printed from the same guy.

Estes SO could make kits like this with little effort. IMO I think rockets like this...would make a fun kits. As you can see I am continuing with my "zipper top" design. If the top section (separation point) zippers or is damaged, I can simply pull it off and paint a new section and replace. The fake conduits are balsa strips. The little hole is a vent hole between the centering rings. This is currently the first coat of primer...I have to sand-then do second prime-sand-tack-then paint...My big issue now is finding some decals that will work on this.....I think a D12 will work nicely on this.
Andrew

IMG_2495.JPG

IMG_2497.JPG

IMG_2500.JPG

IMG_2501.JPG

IMG_2503.JPG

Back