Please talk 24mm MD.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew_ASC

UTC SEDS 2017 3rd/ SEDS 2018 1st
Reaction score
Bought a Pro 24-6G and a G145 today. Blackcatrocketry in UK has CF airframe tubing. I’ve got an OR file that shows Mach 1.4 and 7.5k ft. If anyone else has scratched one I’d like to see pictures or hear about it. Just a side project that I have an L1 now.

I’m considering a Telemini or Featherweight gps tracker.

Another young man building rockets
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/difuminar-9400-feet-and-******-6-on-a-cti-g150.138907/

If you solder like you glue, I wouldn't suggest an Eggfinder Mini. Which are awesome - but challenging to the clumsy of finger. And yes, I'm teasing a little.

I better not solder anything. I fried an electric car toy thing in the ChemE lab once. It was worse than my gluing.

Yeah on G145 it sims 6.8kft and Mach 1.38. I chose the G145 for a two second higher delay.

Last edited:
I have a Pro24 G65-WLB waiting to fly in my Nike Apache 2-stage. 29mm G to 24mm G. I'm going to have to dump the ejection charge and use an altimeter'd apogee charge (8 sec isn't enough delay). I'm still a bit scared of this flight: -way- higher than my L2 flight.

I have a Pro24 G65-WLB waiting to fly in my Nike Apache 2-stage. 29mm G to 24mm G. I'm going to have to dump the ejection charge and use an altimeter'd apogee charge (8 sec isn't enough delay). I'm still a bit scared of this flight: -way- higher than my L2 flight.

If it were me I would be looking a lot a way to make it dual deploy. I do not think the motor will have enough delay, and frankly there is enough variation in motor delays that I rarely fly them using a motor delay.

If it were me I would be looking a lot a way to make it dual deploy. I do not think the motor will have enough delay, and frankly there is enough variation in motor delays that I rarely fly them using a motor delay.

It’s already set up for dual deploy - but because 8 sec is way too short for a sustainer, I can’t use it as backup - I’ve got to remove/plug the charge. That’s what I meant.

It’s way below the Bong waiver - just higher than I’ve personally flown a rocket before.

This seems to be the only video I can find of a G145 lighting.

The tubing vendor is trying to reduce shipping. Paid more in shipping than for the tube.

Falcon (?) rocketry has 24mm glass and ( I'm told ) matching cones.

Carolina Composites does a mean MD 24mm in CF. Be aware that in a bird this light the g65 load will wobble due to the off-center core.

Lastly, if you have a good mandrel Soller has some great biaxial + heatshrink that should be fairly foolproof.

I went with the telemini. Remember that CF blocks radio fairly well.

Yeah I have certain method around RF from university rocketry experience.

What flyaway rail guides work? I’m looking at some from Apogee.

Started work on custom nosecone. Trivial with right software.

Attachments

• 3325169A-B428-402C-9DCC-2872C429D81D.jpeg
    3325169A-B428-402C-9DCC-2872C429D81D.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 101
Solidworks. University engineering student perks.

Last edited:
I’ll start a build thread when the motors arrive. Just trying to gather preliminary info.

Last edited:
Does anyone have the length ,width, or height on Telemini battery? And a link to its battery?

Finished nosecone design today.

Attachments

• 453C0838-0376-446B-A3DE-84F998EE31B9.jpeg
    453C0838-0376-446B-A3DE-84F998EE31B9.jpeg
    175.5 KB · Views: 83
Cool I never tried rolling my own tubes. Nosecones and airfoils are easy to me though.

Try 15/16" cold drawn bar stock. 15/16" = .9375. I measured my 24mm CTI case and got .942" so you will need an extra wrap of release film on the 15/16" bar stock.
Here's one source https://www.metals4uonline.com/steel-round-bar-cold-15_16ths
CTI calls their 24mm cases at 23.8mm (0.937 in), where AT is at 15/16.

Did you measure near the rolled end or over the label?

I had been planning on using TGP stainless if I ever get my composites projects out of their totes.

I would measure at multiple points. Even with a brand new bar stock you will find variation along the bar, IMO.

I plan on trying to make a few CF tubes soon. I tried fiberglass and it worked well.

That vendor was able to knock 20 euros off shipping. I have no idea who Royal Mail is or when it gets here. Guessing a slow boat.

Back