Pictures Please

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrAdam

Reaction score
I want to build a couple of pvc cradles, stands or whatever they are called for working on rockets. Looking for ideas before I go out and buy pvc and pipe insulation. Could people who have build and use these post a picture or two of there stands?

Thanks for the help and yes I did a search but pvc is to short, stand returns to much stuff, cradle not enough….

Brad

I just cut some plywood into a v shape and screw them to a base. I'll get some pics when I get home.

Ok, now that Matt has what you don't want out of the way, here's what you do.:p This is how I make them, they're very strong.
P1010337.jpgP1010338.jpgP1010339.jpg

I do basically the same as chadrog, but I don't build the entire base. I have about 3-4 ince pvc cut(4 pieces) ant attach them with a cap on each end. You can adjust the stands to fit any rocket length if you want.

Those 4-Way PVC Couplers are actually quite obscure, good luck finding them. I think that's why you see a lot of folks using a 3-way or going with Plywood. You can likely get them online, but not at Ace, True Value, or Aubuchon Hardware anywhere near me.:(

Those 4-Way PVC Couplers are actually quite obscure, good luck finding them. I think that's why you see a lot of folks using a 3-way or going with Plywood. You can likely get them online, but not at Ace, True Value, or Aubuchon Hardware anywhere near me.:(

Unfortunately your ACE isn't very well stocked. :( I get PVC crosses at mine. My stands are similar to the pics, but I have a 90 degree elbow on each bottom leg and connect the two ends with variable length PVC tubes. I don't glue the bottom tubes on so I can store them flat for transport.

Unfortunately your ACE isn't very well stocked. :( I get PVC crosses at mine. My stands are similar to the pics, but I have a 90 degree elbow on each bottom leg and connect the two ends with variable length PVC tubes. I don't glue the bottom tubes on so I can store them flat for transport.

I've never had a problem finding them either. Let me know if you want some Soup Man, I'll get them to ya'. The first ones I made had the 90 deg. elbow connecting the stands, but I didn't care for the rigidity of that type.

This is what I do, it is 1/4'' plywood cut with a v in it. This one is 4 ft the other one I have is 3 ft. Both are 7'' wide. The V's are just Gorila Glued on! Definitely not perfect but works for me! I plan on using felt pads to protect the rockets.SAM_0863.jpgSAM_0864.jpgSAM_0865.jpg

I use these (example):
https://thetrailerpartsstore.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=448

MP170.jpg

They're made of rubber, grip your rocket without scratching, kinda heavy, and you can mount them on a pole or a cradle.

Work really good!

Back