Physics at work

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dicey

Reaction score
How are you all,

Well I got back from RocStock out here in Cali, doing research for a physics project. I need to make a staged or a clustered rocket and went to look at some of the kits. One that was interesting was the Mini-BBX with a Terrier Booster (thanks Andy from What's Up Hobbies). Now keep in mind that at some point i will probably use this or whatever rocket I might end up with for L1 most likely. Any other rockets that might come to mind would be appreciated. Also, any ideas to make this project run smoothly. Sorry for the pleading nature of this post.

Dicey

If you want to stay LPR, there are many staged rockets you can buy. I'll list a few: Quest Navaho AGM, Estes CC Express, and Estes Comanche 3. MPR staging would be harder because it would require the use of timers.

Oh, and welcome to The Rocketry Forum! I'm sure you'll love it here, just as everyone else does!
:)

Thanks,

I am aware of the timers and Andy has kindly offered to help me with those if I go that route. I've seen the commanche 3 lauch (unsuccessfully, lawn dart) But that is a though. I've downloaded a trial version of Rocksim so I'm messing around with engine combinations on various rockets included with it. Thank you for the help. Any more suggestions will be thanked and taken into consideration.

Dicey

I would start out with some LPR kits first, you could look at Fliskits! Jim has some that are slightly out of the ordinary but really cool. Quality is 2nd to none, and customer service is outstanding.

Fliskits Clusters The Deuces Wild & The Tres have the canted motor mounts.

Fliskits Multi Stage!

Another great kit maker would be Thrustline - high quality, original designs, and excellent customer service as well.

Thrustline Aerospace!!

John also has combo options on some of his kits that really make it interesting.

Both of these vendors also have all the parts you need for LPR builds of your own design.

Welcome to TRF and good luck with your physics project! Let us know how it turns out! Pics and Video are a plus!

Tom :D

Yeah, LPR is definitely much easier, especially if you don't have much experience building rockets. In addition to the kits listed above, there's also the Estes Renegade, Echostar, and Hercules (oop, but you might find one on e-bay).

Back