Parts Pack Added to Website

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup,

The Alien Explorer is a cool rocket all right.

My personal preference is the Deep Space Transport. I think that one is in my future before too long.

I am a fan of the "Spaceliner" type models.

It's definitely a cool rocket. Here's a picture of mine taken a few years ago at one of our launches in GA. It was damaged in the move to NM, but has been repaired. Tried to fly it last couple times out, but winds way to high.

BTW, this is an original kit I picked up several years ago. I believe the only change I made during construction was to replace the two-piece balsa construction for the large sail fins with one-piece basswood sail fins. The paint I used was Testor's John Deere Green (from back when they 97 car in NASCAR was sponsored by them).

Yes, that's my car also ... a 1968 Cougar XR-7.

Still drive it back and forth almost daily to work (50 mile rd trip) and runs like a champ. Will be driving it back east to Tampa this summer when we move. Gas mileage is not the greatest :)

Also have a 1967 Std Cougar, but it's in serious disrepair and is currently a "lawn ornament" at my Mom's house in SC. Hope to rebuild it one day, but will require some serious body work. Too many years in OH.

Bought the Std back in 1986, and the XR-7 back in 1988, when I was stationed at Wright-Patterson AFB.

Back