Parallel Wiring of E-Match

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evolvant

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm using EasyMega's to control the apogee/main deployments of my sustainer on a 2 stage project. I have one of the channels set up for a timer only event to light apogee charge (PyroA). If the sustainer lights successfully this is all good. However, if the sustainer doesn't light that timer will obviously be too long. So, I plan on setting up a 2nd channel (PyroB) to light the charge if accent rate is < 10 fps and sustainer is under a specific altitude.

So here is my question, there is only 1 ematch that I need to hook to 2 channels on the EasyMega. What's the best way to do this?
1) Can I simply connect 1 channel to another on the EasyMega. So let's say I run 2 wires from PyroB to PyroA and then plug in the ematch in to PyroA?
2) Do I run the 4 wires from PyroA and PyroB to 2 terminal blocks and connect the ematch to the other side of the terminal blocks?
3) Do I solder on an extra set of wires to the ematch so the ematch has 4 wires and plug them into PyroA and PyroB?
4) Got a better way you can share with me?

Thanks everyone!

Cheers,
Paul

Just for everyone following. Bdale answered this question on FB (I asked there too). His answer below.

Each pyro channel on an Altus Metrum product has two screws, one of which is at v_pyro, the other of which is a switch to ground. It's ok to hook more than one of the switch to ground terminals together and then to one side of your match, and put the other side of the match on one of the v_pyro terminals. If you have an ohm meter, with the board turned off, you can easily determine which screw in each pyro pair is connected to the v_pyro terminal (which by default is jumpered to v_lipo downstream of the power switch).

Back