Parachute Man Launches in the Blue Ninja Tomorrow!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a garage sale find as part of my BAR path we ended up with a Bailout kit and a paratrooper.
We also upped our game with my 1/4 scale Viking 7 project with Snoppy:

View attachment 601954
He fits nicely in the 8" air frame.

View attachment 601955

He pops out with the main at 500'.

Growing up I thought the lyrics were,

“Hang on, Snoopy! Snoopy hang on!”

Of course, that’s when we went to the liberry to get books.

Sad news: The puppy got me up at 4:50 AM and ruined my sleep. I was so bleary eyed I rushed out of the house and left parachute man on my desk!!

His first jump will have to wait until next the next launch.

I used to set the kids up with one of those surgical tubing ballon launcher slingshots between the fence posts of the opened gate and launch those little paratroopers skyward into the backyard.

I used to set the kids up with one of those surgical tubing ballon launcher slingshots between the fence posts of the opened gate and launch those little paratroopers skyward into the backyard.
I was such a (select as many as apply: ☐ geek ☐ nerd ☐ dweeb) that I made a 36" parachute for my 12" GI Joe (Green Beret, of course) and flung him up as high as I could from our elevated back porch!

You're a fun dad!

When I was a kid we went to my Great Aunt and Uncles (circa 1966). 1st time we had visited them. So my Great Aunt pulls out this box full of old toys for me and my sister to play with.

There was a Superman figure, complete with a rigid cape, and a rubber band on a stick. Outside we went... hooked Superman to the rubber band... pull and release and woosh up into the sky and then come a gliding back to earth.

I bet I spent 2 hours out there... awesome memory..

Item Description
9.25”x10.5” toy wrapped on a 10”x14” card. Made by Hassenfeld Brothers Inc. copyright 1965 NPP Inc. Glider is made of vacuform plastic in shape of Superman body with styrofoam cape. Figure is designed to be launch from a 6” wooden dowel with rubber band, sling shot style. “It’s A Bird, It’s A Plane It’s Flying Superman.” This is an early “As Seen On TV” item.

Superman.jpg

Latest posts

Back