Students launch a rocket to an altitude of 15,548 meters and get jobs at SpaceX, Firefly and Blue Origin

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afadeev

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Students at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University were able to launch a rocket that set a new altitude record among US educational institutions. And the new rocket went more than twice as high as the previous record holder.
The project attracted funding from several aerospace companies. These include Lockheed Martin and Firefly. The latter has offered some of the team members jobs. SpaceX and Blue Origin did the same.

https://gagadget.com/en/science/248...t-jobs-at-spacex-firefly-and-blue-origin-amp/

Pity no one taught them to spell. DROUGE DEPLOYED............ Or you know, ask a literate friend...... And I'm really not sure if you need an exclamation mark inside the brackets with one following it outside. Let's hope they get their decimal places in the right place when they do their launch orbit calculations........ !!!!!!
1684550606035.png

Many students participating on teams like Spaceport America Cup and such end up with jobs in aerospace. Some of our students have ended up in various companies and even working for DLR, the German equivalent of NASA.

I thought that a university team (UCLA? USC) launched a rocket past the Karmann Line a couple of years ago?
So how is this a record at 15.5 K?
(Edited UCLA to USC).

Last edited:
Pity no one taught them to spell. DROUGE DEPLOYED............ Or you know, ask a literate friend...... And I'm really not sure if you need an exclamation mark inside the brackets with one following it outside. Let's hope they get their decimal places in the right place when they do their launch orbit calculations........ !!!!!!

Some AI bot 🤖:

“Don’t let humans take those spelling jobs. Save them for us autocorrect bots, thank you.”

Back