Oshkosh 2018 air show - anyone here going?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockets

Reaction score
A couple of my brothers and I might head up there for Saturday & Sunday.

I was just wondering if anyone has gone to this event before?
We're not quite sure what to expect.

It does sound like Saturday will be quite the busy day, with some loud planes! :)

Here's the schedule for Saturday:
Saturday, July 28, 2018 – Year of the Tanker, Air Force Reserve 70th Anniversary

Morning: 6:00 a.m. - Hot Air Balloon Launch at the Ultralight Runway

Day: Patriot Parachute Team, Mike Goulian (Extra 330SC), Jim Peitz (Beech Bonanza), Yak-110 and Ford vehicle drifting, Red Bull Air Force (Edge 540, MBB Bo 105 helicopter, wingsuits), Geico Skytypers, Warbirds of America show, Class of ’45 with Jim Tobul and Scott Yoak (Corsair and Mustang), Year of the Tanker, Air Force Reserve Command anniversary showcase, C-17 demo, search and rescue demo, KC-135, B-1, B-52, KC-10, F-22, HC-130, A-10, F-18, EA-18, Sean D. Tucker (Oracle Challenger III)

Evening (Night Air Show): Patriot Parachute Demo Team, E-4B, U.S. Air Force Heritage Flight (F-16 and P-51), F-16, E-4B, Cri Cri and Ford vehicle drifting, Paradigm Aerobatic Team (powered paragliding), Aeroshell Aerobatic Team (T-6 Texans), Jerry Kerby (RV-8A Wild Blue), Bob Carlton (SubSonex JSX-2), Twin Tigers (Yak-55), Gene Soucy (Firecat), Nate Hammond (de Havilland Chipmunk), drone show, Redline Airshows (RV-8), fireworks and wall of fire

Ticket prices seem a little expensive, but hey, if we get to see all of these planes fly on Saturday, I think it'll be worth it.

Thanks,

My elder son will be up there during the week with the Central (Westosha) HS Aviation club. Showing off their RV-12 and participating in the One Week Wonder.

He's flying back down Saturday morning.

He's been the last few years and always enjoyed the air shows. I've been during the day once - and would suggest hearing protection.

I made the trek for a two day presence once, and for an aviation enthusiast, it was not enough :) Any time you can spend there will be well worth the ticket price! I'd highly recommend really good walking shoes, and a small backpack with some backup food and water as the distances on the airfield can get a little crazy.

My elder son will be up there during the week with the Central (Westosha) HS Aviation club. Showing off their RV-12 and participating in the One Week Wonder.

He's flying back down Saturday morning.

He's been the last few years and always enjoyed the air shows. I've been during the day once - and would suggest hearing protection.
Yeah, we went to a local air show in Dayton air show last month, and man, when the F-22 Raptor kicked in his afterburners, it shook the ground, and afterwards my ears hurt. We'll be bringing ear protection this time! :)

Maybe we'll see your son with the RV-12!

Thanks,

Latest posts

Back