Off the cuff launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Screaminhelo

Shade Tree Rocket Surgeon
Reaction score
After dragging my boy to the tire shop today, I asked him what he wanted to do when we got back. He wanted to shoot some rockets! Since we still had some motors left from a previous launch, I grabbed a hand full of rockets and the range box and we were off.

We sent up the Flutter-By up on a B6-4 as a weather bird and we were off! Next up was the Mini HoJo on A10-3T that lawn darted into the parking lot at the park after spitting the motor. Our Monarch flew beautifully on a B6-4 as well as DRM. Our Green Max made its maiden flight on another B6-4. Since this was spur of the moment, we ended up having more motors than igniters.

My boy chose the Flutter-By for the final launch and it went up on a C6-5. This was, by far, the highest flight of the day. One big, dark cloud moved in and blocked the sun. It was out of sight in a flash and we didn't see it again until the smoke charge burned. Since we lost the sun, the polished aluminum finish was no help in tracking for recovery, it is now known as Flutter-Bye Bye:grin: Looks like we'll have to punish our selves by building a replacement. (Wheels are spinning on an up scale)

That's 6 flights with 4 successful recoveries, not the greatest average but still a great day!

At least you are out there flying and not sitting on your behind, like I'm doing.
It is great that you and your son are launching rockets together...priceless. So enjoy your time together.

Back