Now don’t shoot off any fireworks, California!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Driving home from Pasadena after our July 4th family pool party was like driving through a war zone. With no public displays, there was probably two or three times more aerial fireworks than I've ever seen. Every direction looked like 9:00 pm at Disneyland... when it was open.

Aerial salutes are also prohibited in the state of Oregon.
I agree with no public displays the private citizen made up for it.
I live across the river from Gresham, up on the hill overlooking the Columbia River, Troutdale, Gresham and Portland.
Saturday night looking across the river from one horizon to the next was for nearly two hours a nonstop aerial bombardment.
We usually see a few, nothing like what last Sat. was like.

Utah was incredible. They allowed aerials just recently and every fourth or fifth house had gone all in with their neighbors. My budy was the purchaser this year and we went through a grand in about an hour and a half on the fourth. It was like the sky was on fire, best fourth yet. So many people lighting off fireworks you couldn't even tell where the official show was at.

Driving home from Pasadena after our July 4th family pool party was like driving through a war zone. With no public displays, there was probably two or three times more aerial fireworks than I've ever seen. Every direction looked like 9:00 pm at Disneyland... when it was open.
I told my wife the same thing...

"Come outside! It's like Disneyland fireworks EVERYWHERE!"

Ironic how Disneyland bills itself as "The Happiest Place On Earth" and yet it's surrounded by miles of chain link fence topped with razor wire.

Northern Utah seemed like a war zone - I could not keep up w everything around me! Many were 30 minutes+ mini shows! They must have spent hundreds to thousands of dollars - those aerials are quite expensive!

Utah gets more fireworks this July 24th too! (pioneer days) :p

Just FYI: most goods at the fireworks tents are hugely overpriced. For the last 20+ years I've driven to a wholesaler I know to get fireworks for a small family display on the 4th. It's a 2.5 hour drive, but I get a case of four 'cakes' for about the price of one cake at the tents. The image below was about $700 worth, a couple of years ago. 46 cakes, most were $15-20 each. (Said wholesaler has a huge warehouse and a dozen shipping containers to hold his stock, and is building another warehouse even bigger. He flies to China every few years to visit the factories and make suggestions.)
1594227329248.png

Back